Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No sound in You Tube

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

No sound in You Tube

I am having problems with internet sounds. Amarok and the system sounds are all fine it is just internet based ones.

As suggested in a previous post I have made sure that I exited from Amarok before trying to play internet sounds.

Thanks for any help.

Susan

Beans

Re: No sound in You Tube

Hmmm.

Do you have flash player installed or gnash or swfdec?

Did you try using ALSA or OSS instead of PULSEAUDIO?

Exiting Amarok should not be necessary.

In older versions sometimes libflashsupport was needed. I don't think this is still the case, but you can install it and see if it helps.

credobyte is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro

No sound at all or no sound if something else ( eg. Amarok ) is running ?

Hi,

You could try the multimedia how to. Its pretty comprehensive

-Ash R

Beans
    Distro

Well I though I may have solved it by installing flash non free extra sound but there is no change. I checked out multimedia how to but it seems so complex that i may risk wrecking my whole system uninstalling and re-installing things. At the moment all the computer sounds work except flash based internet ones, I don't want to risk loosing all the sounds by randomly trying to follow this list.

My sound was working recently but I have upgraded to Swiftfox FF RC2 so this may have had an effect on the situation?

Thanks for any user friendly suggestions.

Susan
    Last edited by susanpenter; June 26th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Well I though I may have solved it by installing flash non free extra sound but there is no change. I checked out multimedia how to but it seems so complex that I may risk wrecking my whole system uninstalling and re-installing things. At the moment all the computer sounds work except flash based internet ones, I don't want to risk loosing all the sounds by randomly trying to follow this list.

My sound was working recently but I have upgraded to Swiftfox FF RC2 so this may have had an effect on the situation?

Susan

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro

Do you have the FULL version of Adobe FlashPlayer for Linux available at the Adobe Acrobat site installed ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by susanpenter View Post
    Well I though I may have solved it by installing flash non free extra sound but there is no change. I checked out multimedia how to but it seems so complex that I may risk wrecking my whole system uninstalling and re-installing things. At the moment all the computer sounds work except flash based internet ones, I don't want to risk loosing all the sounds by randomly trying to follow this list.

Susan
    You didn't mention which version of Ubuntu you're using. Is it Ubuntu? or Xubuntu or Kubuntu? Is it 8.04, 8.10, or 9.04?

Also, why did you change to Swiftfox?

Beans
    Distro

My version is mentioned in the sidebar it is Ubuntu 9.04 and I changed to Swiftfox because I wanted to use features of Firefox 3.5 that are unavailable in version 3.0.11 that comes with Ubuntu

I will check that I have the FULL version of Adobe Flash player and report back. As I can watch the picture with no proble I expect that I do though.

Beans
    Distro

I went to the download page for Adobe Flash but my package installer told me that I have a later version of flash already installed.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast