Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallpaper \ Background changing with Unity Ubuntu 11.10

Beans

Re: Wallpaper \ Background changing with Unity Ubuntu 11.10

Does anybody know if it is possible to add several changing backgrounds in Ubuntu 11.10? I've tried to add more background-1.xml-files according to the directory layout as given for the Contest wallpaper, but it does not get recognized in the appearance window, aka the window to set the wallpaper. It looks like this was possible in 11.04 where you could add another xml-file to the selection, but this possibility seems to have been removed in 11.10.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tusjr View Post
    Does anybody know if it is possible to add several changing backgrounds in Ubuntu 11.10? I've tried to add more background-1.xml-files according to the directory layout as given for the Contest wallpaper, but it does not get recognized in the appearance window, aka the window to set the wallpaper. It looks like this was possible in 11.04 where you could add another xml-file to the selection, but this possibility seems to have been removed in 11.10.
    I also tried that hey. But the one file should be fine as long as you have all your wallpapers in one folder. All the other wallpaper changers no longer work on 11.10 so at least this way you can change them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks for the wonderful script! Yeah I thought Ubuntu already had this feature, but this script works wonderfully. I'm sure Ubuntu will have it native soon.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by livelite View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful script! Yeah I thought Ubuntu already had this feature, but this script works wonderfully. I'm sure Ubuntu will have it native soon.
    You are welcome, just doing my bit to help out. I do really hope they support it, because it something small but nice to have.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

drpain, Maybe you want to join me, making a seasonal desktop background changer, and try to package it as a .deb-file?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eklem View Post
    drpain, Maybe you want to join me, making a seasonal desktop background changer, and try to package it as a .deb-file?
    I would love to, but unfortunately, I am quite busy these days with work and so on. If my script helps at all please feel free to use it at your own discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by drpain View Post
    I would love to, but unfortunately, I am quite busy these days with work and so on. If my script helps at all please feel free to use it at your own discretion.
    Ah, cool: I'll start with your script and see how far I get (I'm not a programmer, but can code some). And I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Beans

Thanks for the script! Worked like a charm

Beans

Wink Re: Wallpaper \ Background changing with Unity Ubuntu 11.10

wallch does this task verry well also. look in the repo's voor wallch wallpaper changer. http://shuffleos.com/2231/wallch-cha...ically-ubuntu/
    Last edited by Xeletron; March 2nd, 2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: reminded something

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeletron View Post
    wallch does this task verry well also. look in the repo's voor wallch wallpaper changer. http://shuffleos.com/2231/wallch-cha...ically-ubuntu/
    Works nicely! Took some playing to get it to change at first, but now it works well. (I had to change the wallpaper in the normal Settings option to "Contest" before it worked.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast