Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rip cd to 1 mp3 file

Beans

rip cd to 1 mp3 file

I can't seem to find the settings for ripping to mp3 in Sound Juicer, it only seems to have the obscure .ogg filetype.
    How can I rip a CD with split tracks (no gaps) into 1 mp3 file with no gaps between songs so that it runs seamlessly?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: rip cd to 1 mp3 file

For the mp3 support, you need to have the "restricted extras", as it is one of the non-free formats.

To making a single mp3 file out of the whole disc, use another tool, if sound juicer does not have this option... I know I have seen this option in K3B, but I had problems with mp3 support (on my vanilla Ubuntu 10.10)
    Don't ask what your company can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You might need to install LAME (Lame Aint an MP3 Encoder) to get MP3 support. Open a terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lame
    'I know lifes a bummer baby, But thats got precious little to do with me' - Monster Magnet

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by An Sanct View Post
    For the mp3 support, you need to have the "restricted extras", as it is one of the non-free formats.

To making a single mp3 file out of the whole disc, use another tool, if sound juicer does not have this option... I know I have seen this option in K3B, but I had problems with mp3 support (on my vanilla Ubuntu 10.10)
    restricted extras?

Beans
    Distro

Open Ubuntu software centre, and type in 'restricted extras' into the search bar. It'll enable flash support, mp3 support and a few other things. Just make sure you pick the right batch of restricted extras -- Ubuntu for Ubuntu, Xubuntu for... well, you get it!
    'I know lifes a bummer baby, But thats got precious little to do with me' - Monster Magnet

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bryncoles View Post
    Open Ubuntu software centre, and type in 'restricted extras' into the search bar. It'll enable flash support, mp3 support and a few other things. Just make sure you pick the right batch of restricted extras -- Ubuntu for Ubuntu, Xubuntu for... well, you get it!
    Yes, thank you

The term "restricted extras" means all the stuff, that was not installed, because you have to agree to the terms and conditions and is not under the GNU license. Like mp3, the MicroSoft fonts package, DVD auditing stuff, Audio editing stuff, Flash, .... etc

PS. It's one of the first 10 packages I install just after I install a fresh Ubuntu.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bryncoles View Post
    You might need to install LAME (Lame Aint an MP3 Encoder) to get MP3 support. Open a terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lame
    Thank you!

I installed LAME and ran K3B, mp3 support was added successfully!!!!
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro

Victory is ours!

Now, if the problem is resolved, could you use the thread tools to mark as solved?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyjjj View Post
    I can't seem to find the settings for ripping to mp3 in Sound Juicer, it only seems to have the obscure .ogg filetype.
    I see you have worked out your problem which is great . Just a quick note though to defend the 'obscure .ogg filetype' which is not particularly obscure and produces great sound quality. Try it and you might very well be surprised!
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    I see you have worked out your problem which is great . Just a quick note though to defend the 'obscure .ogg filetype' which is not particularly obscure and produces great sound quality. Try it and you might very well be surprised!
    I would also like to defend the ogg vorbis format

Would anybody tell me if there are any "mp3 players", that support this format? I personally have not seen one yet, that is why I still use mp3...
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast