Thread: Changes needed in my posting style.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Changes needed in my posting style.

Having signed the COC recently in launchpad, I am greatly concerned in the specific changes I need for my posting style.

I received a PM from cariboo907
    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907
    This is the Ubuntu forums. Ubuntu's desktop of choice is gnome. Quit trying to promote KDE in every sub-forum. IF you have questions about KDE there is a forum dedicated to it called Kubuntu.
    I thank cariboo for the notice. I shall stop stating to try KDE to beginners.
    I shall also stop advising GNOME users, who have GNOME crashed to just get KDE working temporarily to get a temporary DE.

Am I also required to not mention KDE, Kubuntu in my signature.

Also you incorrectly mentioned about a Kubuntu forum. kubuntuforums.net is not an official forum (Maintained by a volunteer on his server) and has a very low activity.

Am I not allowed to ask any KDE related questions on this forum. (I noticed the presence of a Kubuntu tag and KDE tag for posting in support categories).

I also believed that ubuntuforums.org was an official forum for the Ubuntu project which comprises of Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu and (soon) Lubuntu.

For this reason I believe the only change in my posting is
    i. Mentioning KDE to current users of other DE's in posts.
    ii.Advising users with crashed GNOME etc to install KDE as a temporary UI.

Am I supposed to not use the forum for KDE related questions and KDE related surveys in the CAFE as I believe cariboo stated?

Quoted from
    Main Support Categories
    "Choose the most appropriate category for your questions regarding ANY Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu release."

Kubuntu, KDE, Xubuntu, XFCE tags are present in the forum as predefined tags.

Therefore, am I supposed to change my posting style as mentioned above or completely quit mentioning KDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Changes needed in my posting style.

How about trying to help users with the software they have and have already chosen to install/use rather than suggest they download an entirely different desktop to solve problems that may be solved without doing such a major change?

The real problem is that you come across, perhaps unintentionally, as arrogant and pushy and unwilling to see alternatives to your opinion without strong and direct discussions.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The real problem is that you come across, perhaps unintentionally, as arrogant and pushy and unwilling to see alternatives to your opinion without strong and direct discussions.
    I shall take heed of this notice and correct my ways.

Beans
    Distro

The actual reason I posted here is uncertainty whether discussing Kubuntu and KDE is allowed here following the PM from cariboo907

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kio_http View Post
    The actual reason I posted here is uncertainty whether discussing Kubuntu and KDE is allowed here following the PM from cariboo907
    Of course it is allowed. The problem is not that these are discussed, but rather the frequency (and near ubiquity) with which you mention them as a solution to problems that aren't really related to either KDE or Kubuntu.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!