Page 120 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1659

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The newer scripts make directories /tmp and work in them so the desktop folder isnt deleted. Closing after putting in your user name is normal.
    OK, I proceed with swiftweasel then.

Thanks.

Beans

Thanks for the topic and all the work with script, etc. Everything is perfect here now.

Beans

A couple of quick questions if I may.

I'm currently running 32bit Swiftweasel with Java and Flash as installed by your script on 64 bit Feisty (works great).

I'm about to wipe everything and do a fresh Gusty install. I've seen comments about Gusty supporting Flash through the repositories and maybe Java (iced-tea??).

I'd like to stick with Swiftweasel. Is your script still the best way to go? If I use the versions in the repos will Swiftweasel pick them up if I install from a deb?

Thanks.

Beans

Howdy! Another Ubuntu newb here.

I installed GG about a week ago have have Firefox as my browser. And I've been trying to install Flash for about 8 working hour now...and it still doesn't work.

I'm getting conflicting information/errors from the steps in the first post in the thread. Obviously, I'm missing something so perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

The third sentence says, "The script works on Dapper, Edgy, Feisty, and Gutsy." What script? There are about 16 links to various scripts on the page.

Then in purple bold, it says there's a "new script" that works for installing working flash for 64bit browsers. Yes! However, the first line says it doesn't work for Gutsy. OK...

So I made sure the initial repositories were accessible and followed the instructions under "Browser Install Script". I clicked the link for the script that says it'll work with Gusty. I've tried following the directions about 5 times on that one and get a 64bit type error.

I'm not sure what Swiftweasel, Ice weasel, etc. are. I already have FIrefox, so I don't think that section applies.

I tried a few "debs"....and they don't seem to work.

So, since the scripts didn't work for me, I was going to try the manual Howto...but the note says to NOT DO the Manual way if I'm on Gutsy. Strike two. I tried it anyway and downloaded and installed the Flash 9...didn't work. I got the 64 bit error about 6 times.

I even tried downloading the flash from adobe (when I got the error displaying video content) and still get a error upon installing

I think a saner person would have given up by now....

Beans

OK, I'm pretty much a newbie too, but in Gusty you don't seem to need to mess about with 32 bit versions of firefox. All I did to get flash was:

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

in a terminal.

My only worry about telling you to do this is if you'd tried to follow older howtos, you might get conflicts with the crude you've installed trying to follow them. You might need to do:

sudo apt-get remove nspluginwrapper

first if you've already installed that.

Or you might want to wait for someone with more expertise to offer advice.

Beans

Oh, I"ve tried to install the flashplugin-nonfree several times. I even tried to uninstall the nspluginwrapper...all to no avail. The error I get is:

"Package flashplugin-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by antoher package."

I got that message 4 times so far. Not sure if any repositories are unavailable or not...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I wish Kilz had the 2.0.0.7 version of the 32-bit firefox still up on his site. That version worked with PartyPoker. I can't for the life of me get the 2.0.0.8 script working with PP.

Kilz, can you put the old 2.0.0.7 deb back up on your site?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by duga6 View Post
    Oh, I"ve tried to install the flashplugin-nonfree several times. I even tried to uninstall the nspluginwrapper...all to no avail. The error I get is:

"Package flashplugin-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by antoher package."

I got that message 4 times so far. Not sure if any repositories are unavailable or not...
    It's in the multiverse repository, which is working normally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

uhh.. nice solution? I did not try it, since automatix provides a nice workaround

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Krydahl View Post
    A couple of quick questions if I may.

I'm currently running 32bit Swiftweasel with Java and Flash as installed by your script on 64 bit Feisty (works great).

I'm about to wipe everything and do a fresh Gusty install. I've seen comments about Gusty supporting Flash through the repositories and maybe Java (iced-tea??).

I'd like to stick with Swiftweasel. Is your script still the best way to go? If I use the versions in the repos will Swiftweasel pick them up if I install from a deb?

Thanks.
    I would not recommend icedtea. It is nowhere near as secure as sun java. Sun java restricts some functions of applets. So they cant do things like install files on your computer or reformat your drive from a web page. All icedtea does is warn you an applet is on the page, with no real information on if its safe to run or not. Also it will not show all applets.
    But if you still want to run it, there is a 64bit version of swiftweasel available that can use those plugins. Here is a link to the swiftweasel home page.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Page 120 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast