Thread: Can and where should I post this?

Beans

Can and where should I post this?

Recently I recorded a video (currently rendering for the next 16 hours) which was 2 hours and 50 minutes long but I've edited it down to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It won't be uploaded for a day or two and it will be titled "Can Ubuntu 12.10 Replace Windows 7". The video focuses on me using ubuntu 12.10 fully installed to a 300 gig drive for the first time attempting to do all the things I normally do day to day on windows 7 including but not limited to:

- recording my desktop (some of the video is filmed by a camcorder while most is done using RecordMyDesktop)
    - transferring photos and videos from an iPhone and using ubuntu to open/view/edit them.
    - playing windows games using play on linux (it could play older games even my windows 7 couldn't play)
    - making and printing a document with text, photos and pictures I created with paint programs on ubuntu (installing the printer driver was difficult but it worked perfectly)

The video looked at ubuntu in a very positive light and showed how impressed I was with ubuntu by the end. It have barely any negative parts and really shows how great ubuntu is.

i would like to post the video on this forum by embedding the youtube video but I don't know if I am allowed to post it or not. I feel that in a way comparing ubuntu to windows 7 may be offensive/ not allowed on this forum even though ubuntu performed well against windows 7 in the video. If I am allowed to post it here can I post it to Testimonials & Experiences or is there a better section I could post it to?

Beans

Re: Can and where should I post this?

Quote Originally Posted by 12padams View Post
    Recently I recorded a video (currently rendering for the next 16 hours) which was 2 hours and 50 minutes long but I've edited it down to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It won't be uploaded for a day or two and it will be titled "Can Ubuntu 12.10 Replace Windows 7". The video focuses on me using ubuntu 12.10 fully installed to a 300 gig drive for the first time attempting to do all the things I normally do day to day on windows 7 including but not limited to:

- recording my desktop (some of the video is filmed by a camcorder while most is done using RecordMyDesktop)
    - transferring photos and videos from an iPhone and using ubuntu to open/view/edit them.
    - playing windows games using play on linux (it could play older games even my windows 7 couldn't play)
    - making and printing a document with text, photos and pictures I created with paint programs on ubuntu (installing the printer driver was difficult but it worked perfectly)

The video looked at ubuntu in a very positive light and showed how impressed I was with ubuntu by the end. It have barely any negative parts and really shows how great ubuntu is.

i would like to post the video on this forum by embedding the youtube video but I don't know if I am allowed to post it or not. I feel that in a way comparing ubuntu to windows 7 may be offensive/ not allowed on this forum even though ubuntu performed well against windows 7 in the video. If I am allowed to post it here can I post it to Testimonials & Experiences or is there a better section I could post it to?

Youtube with the hundreds of other similar

Then post a link in testomonials or whatever

Peace
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    Youtube with the hundreds of other similar

Then post a link in testomonials or whatever

Peace
    Thanks so this is allowed?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 12padams View Post
    Thanks so this is allowed?
    you can post links, dont embed the video here. As long as the link isnt spam and is s genuine testimonail i dont see why not as long it links to a genuinse site such as youtube

But I am not staff

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you'd edited it down to a few minutes maybe I'd look ...

I find it hard to concentrate for 90 minutes on a film let alone someone pronouncing their personal views on an OS

You could post a thread with a link in Testimonials - as that's what it is - but as is normal in there the thread will be closed in 7 days or less depending.

But to be honest - it's one of hundreds of the same and the forum isn't really the place for it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    If you'd edited it down to a few minutes maybe I'd look ...

I find it hard to concentrate for 90 minutes on a film let alone someone pronouncing their personal views on an OS
    +1 I would rather watch paint dry

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    +1 I would rather watch paint dry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVZr3WbMQ6w

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    Thanks, very addictive watching.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I just refuse to even look

@ haqking Assuming you've not moved I shall fire a flare and ensure the coastguard move all landlubbers to the outside of the inshore limit for that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    I just refuse to even look

@ haqking Assuming you've not moved I shall fire a flare and ensure the coastguard move all landlubbers to the outside of the inshore limit for that.
    You just had to look didnt you