Page 1 of 534 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lightbulb Guayadeque Music Player Test request

NOTE:
    The guayadeque support channel have moved to Guayadeque Forums where you can find also the Guayadeque Wiki

Hello,
    Im the developer of this player and If you dont mind I would like to ask for help on testing. For the ones of you that dont know Guayadeque, it is a music player with the aims to be easy to use and fast even for huge music collections. You can read more about it visiting the webpage of the project hosted at sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/guayadeque

If youw want to know what guayadeque means see post #58

To name a few features
    - Supports mp3, ogg, flac, wma, aac, etc
    - Label support. You can add as many labels as you want to any artist, album or track
    - Cover fetching from google, amazon, last.fm
    - Tag editor with Musicbrainz support
    - Gapless play support
    - Replaygain support
    - Automatic Lyrics fetch and save to tracks
    - Shoutcast or User defined radios support
    - Podcasts support with automatic download with filters
    - Dynamic/Static playlists
    - Show Last.fm informations
    - Smart play mode that suggest music based on the actual track
    etc

As backed it uses gstreamer. You need installed gstreamer0.10 gstreamer0.10-plugins-good and gstreamer0.10-plugins-base

Please test it and let me know about bugs, feature requests, etc

Translations are welcome!!

ScreenShots https://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery...p?g2_itemId=22

If you have an idea send it here https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/guayadeque/ so others can vote it.

PPA as alternate
    Code:
    https://launchpad.net/~anonbeat/+archive/guayadeque
    To install it do
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:anonbeat/guayadeque
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install guayadeque-svn
    Way to build from svn

Code:
    cd
    sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential cmake libwxgtk2.8-dev libtagc0-dev libsqlite3-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdbus-1-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libflac-dev
    svn co http://guayadeque.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/guayadeque/Trunk guayadeque
    cd guayadeque
    ./build
    sudo make install
    Update from svn
    Code:
    cd guayadeque
    svn update
    sudo make install
    or to update the svn revision in splash, window title, about box, etc use
    Code:
    cd guayadeque
    svn update
    ./build
    sudo make install

Want to help with translations?
    First you must create a directory where to put the guayadeque.po file to translate. From the svn source code base dir run the command ./buildt that will update the language template for translation.
    This will update the file named po/guayadeque.pot
    Rename this file as guayadeque.po into the dir you just created and start translating it using poedit for example.

Instructions on how to build it for Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 can be found here

Getting a backtrace
    If you need to get a backtrace you must compile guayadeque from svn, see the intructions above, But once you have the code to be compiled you need to do
    Code:
    cd guayadeque
    ./buildd
    sudo make install
    gdb guayadeque
    from gdb type run [enter]
    This will compile guayadeque with debug information and will run it from console being debuged using the debuger gdb
    Once you get the crash at some point you must get back to the console and type bt and this will show a few lines of code calls and numbers. This is the information you need to post of to send me by email.

If you are getting too many empty tags :
    Guayadeque uses taglib as the tagging library. Taglib is fast and powerfull but have some minor problems. One of them is it doesnt read correctly tags that uses id3v2.3. If you are getting many empty tags from mp3 files, is probably that the problem comes from this and you can fix it changing the version of the tags from v2.3 to v2.4. To do so the best tool is kid3.

-
    Thank you very much for the donations
    pickarooney, VastOne, dgaud, NothingSpecial, AnneTanne, jfsather, eltama, cephinux, PenguinOfSteel, mzecher, JPorter, barkness, pauljh5

-

Thanks for reading
    J.Rios
    anonbeat at gmail dot com
    Last edited by anonbeat; January 12th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Wow! This is the ONLY player for Linux that can truly handle giant collections (mine is 40k+) and has decent playlist and last.fm dynamic playlist handling.

Great work! I would love to see an ability to rearrange the library screen and possibly new/separate tabs for video and wikipedia info.

All in all, great job on a very stable player.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have it downloaded and will install it for testing. We'll see how it handles my 141,000+ mp3 files. Looking forward to testing, will post back here.

Edit:
    How the heck is Guayadeque pronounced, anyway???
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro

While my library is being scanned (love the ability to add more than one location to watch, by the way), I've noticed one small issue so far. The icon showing in my AWN taskbar is odd:

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

Beans
    Distro

Scanning progress after 1/2 hour.

A bit slower than Exaile, but a million times faster than Amarok ever was. The last time I scanned with Amarok, the total scan time was more than 11 hours.

Beans
    Distro

@Unclespellbinder: I'm curious to see if you find it snappy with such a large library. I don't know what he's using for a database, but it can't be SQLite.

The newest Amarok is basically unusable, still. It hangs constantly and leaves these kde_io (can't remember the exact name at the moment) files open at more than 1MB each after closing the program. And the collection scanner just starts itself over and over and practically locks the machine every time.

I was literally quite shocked at how fast searches were in Guayadeque. Everything was as snappy as you would think it should be. Playlist handling is much cleaner and quicker, too, than Amarok/Exaile/Songbird.

Beans
    Distro

Took 1 hour and 5 minutes to scan my collection. About 15 minutes longer than Exaile. Still, damned good.

Seems a bit sluggish when navigating while playing music and sometimes freezes. Though that may have to do more with the size of my collection rather than Guayadeque itself. Also, what is the "Labels" box for? Record labels??

I would definitely like to see an ability to further customize/rearrange the look and feel. Specifically the library tab. A bit of customization options would be very cool.

All in all, I'm liking it so far.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dartmusic View Post
    @Unclespellbinder: I'm curious to see if you find it snappy with such a large library. I don't know what he's using for a database, but it can't be SQLite.
    Seems snappier than Exaile. Though, as I said above, somewhat sluggish at times while navigating during playback.

Search is indeed wicked fast. Was quite shocked at that myself.

Beans
    Distro

Good-ish to hear! I've got at least another 5k tracks to add. (Just got a larger HD to hold newer stuff and haven't yet added them into the library.)

Odd about feeling sluggish when using, but there may still be some "stuff" going on in the background related to creating the new library.

I agree about the interface...it looks OK, but some customization would be great.

Oh, and the labels are custom. You can tag tracks/albums/artists with custom tags outside of usual metadata info. Not really useful unless the search and playlist functionality is up to snuff, so I'm now quite excited to try some of that out.

Beans
    Distro

In addition to the Forward/Back/Play/Pause buttons, I think a Stop button is direly needed.

Page 1 of 534 1231151101501 ... LastLast