Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    I have a download speed of 44kb/s ... will take 5 hours ...... here ..... but will leave it up and running once its here .....
    Thanks man. i'm going to yell about it in the irc to catch some people.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Great, I've paused everything else to help get that first copy out there. You guys should have it to play with by tomorrow I guess.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    Great, I've paused everything else to help get that first copy out there. You guys should have it to play with by tomorrow I guess.
    Goood, and depends. It's almost "tomorrow" where i live. Ok, when it finished i'm gonna give it a quick try, and then start uploading. i'll post the link here once i have it.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Hey good work!

I'm just having a play with the mini.iso / G3 ppa and the perfectminimal script to try and get a gnome-shell mini one on the go

Have you given up on remastersys altogether? And any top tips for getting the best out of UCK?

Kudos my friend kudos
    Code:
    cd /fridge/beer | drink && fallover

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by satanselbow View Post
    Hey good work!

I'm just having a play with the mini.iso / G3 ppa and the perfectminimal script to try and get a gnome-shell mini one on the go

Have you given up on remastersys altogether? And any top tips for getting the best out of UCK?

Kudos my friend kudos
    I've thought about trying the mini.iso again, but I think I'll wait until I get a faster connection.

No, haven't given up on Remastersys altogether, I may dust it off again. No real tips for UCK, it's really straight forward. Basically what it does is mount the iso you want for a base, then mounts the squash.fs into it's own little environment. From there you have a couple options, native language, remove languages, remove windows files (wubi & crap). Then you have the option of using a terminal console or synaptic, you can alternate back & forth, it's not an all or nothing proposition. What I have been doing is using both to add ppa's, updates & upgrades. Remove packages, install drivers, etc.. When you get done with that you just click another button and it reassembles an iso for you containing all the changes. For someone that really knows how to use it they may be able to add files, change defaults, edit scripts, but I'm not certain of that.

As an example, the iso I created today is absolutely up to date as of this past afternoon. It contains one of the latest Nvidia & ATI video drivers installed. I added ubuntu tweak, synapse & IIRC xfce4-panel (it makes a nice vertical dock among other things), also included the minimal LXDE desktop that was pulled in with lxdm.

I don't know if it's going to work or not but I'm in the process of trying to remaster LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) with gnome 3 installed, though anything might happen considering I have to dip into their experimental repositories to get it. Might not build, or it might do nothing.

I'm having fun though, this has got me using software that I didn't even know existed a couple weeks ago.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

I'm having fun though, this has got me using software that I didn't even know existed a couple weeks ago.
    I'm sure learning how to break stuff

UCK needs a LiveISO to start from and won't play with the mini.ISO
    Code:
    cd /fridge/beer | drink && fallover

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by satanselbow View Post
    I'm sure learning how to break stuff
    LOL!

UCK needs a LiveISO to start from and won't play with the mini.ISO
    I wondered about that, there might be some other software that will do it.

BTW, were you able to grab a copy of gNatty yet? I see that at least a couple people have so far.

Beans

I have it now ...... and will try seeding it ..... downloaded it with Miro ..... and not sure how to
    seed it from that ....

But I have Vuze ,,,,, Transmission .... Ktorrent and Ctorrent .....

Will see what I can do now ..... well .... its now being downloaded in Spain and Russia
    ( May need some language packs - soon )
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; May 10th, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    I have it now ...... and will try seeding it ..... downloaded it with Miro ..... and not sure how to
    seed it from that ....

But I have Vuze ,,,,, Transmission .... Ktorrent and Ctorrent .....

Will see what I can do now .....
    Cool, I noticed that Miro doesn't show progress at my end. Is that configurable?

Beans

Cool, I noticed that Miro doesn't show progress at my end. Is that configurable?
    I used a few and linked them once they all were running it seemed to work ok

is now working ok on VUZE for others - these are 2 downloads almost completed
    for the Russian one and the Spanish one ,,,
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; May 18th, 2011 at 03:48 AM.

Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast