Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Nutmegers (Connecticut) ?

Beans

Re: Any Nutmegers (Connecticut) ?

No, not native. We moved here in August of '05. We (my wife and myself) grew up in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We have since lived in Austin, Boise, Phoenix, and now Ridgefield. Seems like a pretty cool place except for the ridiculously high cost of living 8^0. Are you still in the area?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello Bloomfield here!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Connecticut born and raised right here! Currently living in derby over by the walmart.

Beans

born and well... being raised! branford

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I'm in Willimantic

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbite View Post
    I see all of these posts looking for others in their state so might as well see if there is anybody else in the Nutmeg state (or the Constitution State) or better known as Connecticut!?

My path takes me between Hartford, Waterbury and Danbury and my previous job took me to Stratford.

Also, in Danbury there is a computer club called DACS (Danbury Area Computer Society). The general meetings (1rst Tuesday of month) are open to anybody, it's a good-sized group (285 memebers) and they have a number of interesting Special Interest Groups (SIG) including one for Linux (meet 3rd Wednesday of month).

If you want to attend, let me know and I'll meet you there (directions on website)!

Otherwise would like to see if there is anybody else the state or right along the border (w/NY, MA or RI).

Give a shout back!
    I highly encourage you to start a Connecticut LoCo Team.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Living in Farmingdale (Farmington/W Hartford/New Britain area) and I work at The Hartford in Southington where I am known as an Ubuntista -- the guy to go to when you want a copy of Ubuntu or to ask questions ... I've recruited a few more at work.

Beans

Also in Bristol here. VERY fresh to the whole Linux thing

Beans

norwich here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Milford here,
    Been using linux for 12 years or so, started with slackware, switched to gentoo (which I still use) and have been investigating ubuntu for the past couple of weeks.

I have been using a source code distribution for quite a while now (6 years) and am pretty used to manually configuring stuff, back when I started with linux, I didn't like any of the current distros, because there automatic stuff just didn't fly.

Having installed ubuntu on several different kinds of hardware, including a laptop (wireless didn't work) A mini-itx intel system, a pentium 4 desktop, and a xeon dual processor emt64 box, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

I'm still figguring stuff out, I still like to do stuff manually, but don't want to break any of the auto configured stuff.

Anyway, howdy all.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast