Thread: ringtail showing 12.10 under details section

Beans

ringtail showing 12.10 under details section

while installing i noticed that the welcome to Ubuntu states its 12.10 and then after its installed under details section it also states its 12.10 but if you look in the terminal under lsb_release -a it states its 13.04 here is some pictures of the install and the error.

http://ubuntutheotheros.webs.com/ringtail

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: ringtail showing 12.10 under details section

Quote Originally Posted by crushkittykitty View Post
    while installing i noticed that the welcome to Ubuntu states its 12.10 and then after its installed under details section it also states its 12.10 but if you look in the terminal under lsb_release -a it states its 13.04 here is some pictures of the install and the error.
    It's always like that, nothing to be considered at fault this early on in the development cycle. Who knows what might be affecting the change of the display of the version number? That may not happen for several months yet.

Maybe new graphics, new colours, new fonts?
    Last edited by PaulW2U; November 13th, 2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Improved grammar

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: ringtail showing 12.10 under details section

Look at System Monitor. Remember, Raring Ringtail is not a new version of Ubuntu. It is based upon 12.10 and is slowly, package by package changed into 13.04 as those packages are developed. My log in screen still says, 'Ubuntu 12.10.' This is not an error. It is the way of things when we use the development branch this early in the cycle.

An example of this is the fact that Raring had the 12.10 Linux kernel of 3.5 when we first stated using it. Now it has Linux kernel 3.7. Whereas, 12.04 will only get the Linux kernel 3.5 at the end of January.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; November 14th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530