Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

Beans

Re: Easycap - Somagic - Linux Drivers

bump

anyone with the 3E version of the driver they could send me?

Beans
    Hidden!

Can't help as the E version doesn't come on the C "CD"

Try here:

Code:
    http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7
    No longer participating......

Beans

thanks, i did try there. i actually tried everywhere i could possible google. i was able to download a C version in a zip file, but still cannot find an E version anywhere. maybe someone on this forum will read this and be kind enough to upload one to mediafire or something for me.

Beans

I have a usb-dvr Model DC60 dvd Somagic with yellow dvd of software.
    I had a plan to use it for cctv cameras using zoneminder. I will connect to a cctv camera.
    all such processes in the post a tutorial I have done well to be detected / dev/video0.
    When I try testing with soft tvtime is displayed the color green or blank.
    Similarly, when I use zoneminder result is a dark picture.

Info: Ubuntu Desktop i386 12:04

Thanks for the help.

Beans

Dear all,

can you tell me the option to use with the "somagic-capture" command, to show different input video in a Somagic EasyCAP002 device?

I already can obtain video from the mentioned device, through "2" input video (man somagic-capture shows "For the EasyCAP DC60, use the CVBS (composite) input for video capture. For the EasyCAP002, use the "2" input for video capture. This is the default.")

How can I capture different input video? (Somagic EasyCAP002 device has four input channels).

Kind regards,
    Valenz

Beans

Dear Jose,

I got errors when trying to follow "make" in "Building and using the kernel module".
    I compiled the kernel module on Ubuntu having kernel: 2.6.35-22-server
    The errors are as follows:
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-22-server/build M=/root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-server'
    CC [M] /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.o
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c: In function ‘allocate_scratch_buffer’:
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c:188: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vmalloc_32’
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c:188: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c: In function ‘free_scratch_buffer’:
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c:211: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vfree’
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c: In function ‘rvmalloc’:
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c:237: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c: In function ‘vdev_init’:
    /root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.c:1533: error: ‘struct video_device’ has no member named ‘lock’
    make[2]: *** [/root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel/somagic_video.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/root/Downloads/easycap/easycap-somagic-linux/kernel] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-server'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Please help me!

Beans

Thank you for the useful guide! I have one problem however:

When I follow the steps under Building and using the kernel module, the insmod command gives me the following error:
    Code:
    insmod: error inserting 'somagic.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
    I also can't seem to get the somagic-capture command to work. I didn't get any errors during all the steps.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and have a Somagic 4 channel input (the 3F version).

Thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimachine15 View Post
    thanks, i did try there. i actually tried everywhere i could possible google. i was able to download a C version in a zip file, but still cannot find an E version anywhere. maybe someone on this forum will read this and be kind enough to upload one to mediafire or something for me.
    I have the same problem..... I just got 2 "4 Ch USB DVR" with 4 yellow composit video inputs (numbered from 1 to 4) and 1 white audio input (without any marks), detected as:

Bus 001 Device 013: ID 1c88:0007 Somagic, Inc. SMI Grabber (EasyCAP DC60+ clone) (no firmware) [SMI-2021CBE]

As far as I read (at easycap-somagic-linux) this model will need one of these drivers:
    SmiUsbGrabber3f.sys
    or
    SmiUsbGrabber3e.sys

Problem is that I don't have the installation CDs anymore and could not find none of those drivers on-line..... Just found the "c" version....

I would appreciate If any1 could upload those drivers (versions "f" or "e").

Thanks in advance !!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ownaginatious View Post
    Could you upload either the firmware file or the SmiUsbGrabber3C.sys file? I have the EasyCAP DC60, but the driver CD I got installs with a different sys file than specified in the instructions. The file I get is called "SmiUsbGrabber3F.sys", and it appears that the somagic-extract-firmware utility doesn't like it. When I try extracting the firmware, I get:

Code:
    somagic-extract-firmware SmiUsbGrabber.sys 
    Somagic firmware was not found in driver file.
    I'm going to guess whoever I bought this from tried to screw around with the firmware themselves or something; but judging from what I see online - this device is the exact same as all the other EasyCAP DC60 devices going around.

Thanks!
    Hi

I have exactly the problem - did you ever sort it out?
    The outrageous is the reasonable, if introduced politely.

Beans

I have the same problem and I have the device with the 4 video inputs and 1 white one:

Bus 001 Device 013: ID 1c88:0007 Somagic, Inc. SMI Grabber (EasyCAP DC60+ clone) (no firmware) [SMI-2021C]

I have a white mini CD sat in front of me with the drivers etc on but get the same "Somagic firmware was not found in driver file" when I try and extract from the SmiUsbGrabber3F.sys.

Happy to DD an image of the CD up to the cloud or use my Zip with all the files from /program files/common files/Somagic if that helps any one figure this out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast