Page 765 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

How many of you completely switched to Linux?
    (Like the question "have you stopped beating your wife?" )

I have used computers for 30 years. I have never bought a computer (desktop, laptop, or netbook) with Microsoft Windows pre-installed. I do not have any computer with Microsoft Windows in my home (as far as I know, not sure about the refrigerator). I did have to use Microsoft WinXP (beside Sun Solaris) for years at work, but when the XP side began to dominate I quit, and I'm currently unemployed.

Xubuntu is my main os since 6.10.

Beans

Talking Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Its been a while guys!
    My last post on this thread was back on page 468!

About a year and a half ago I wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Danw12 View Post
    there are 5 computers in my house, (3 are mine)

On My 3:
    1. On PC one: Ubuntu Server 8.10
    2. On PC two: Windows XP, Windows 7 BETA, Kubuntu 8.10
    3. On My Laptop: Win XP & Ubuntu 8.10

Others Are Running XP & Vista

Well, that's changed a lot now!
    A more up-to-date list:
    1. On PC one: [DEAD]
    2. On PC two: Windows Server 2008
    3. On My Laptop: [DEAD]
    4. New(er) Laptop: Windows 7 Home Premium
    5. On PC three: Was Ubuntu 10, now Dead.

So at this moment, I'm not using Linux , but I have plans to install Ubuntu once again when I revive one of the old systems.

Nice to see you all again!
    Daniel Wilson - Principal Technical Architect, Gambit Nash
    Find Me: Blog | GitHub | Twitter |
    Linux user #477108. Machine registration #385379. Ubuntu User #23849.

Beans

98.9% linux user

i very occasionally boot up win7 to play a game or something. started playing with ubuntu about three years ago. my laptop has been windows free since then, only recently did i switch my desktop over.

run Arch on my laptop, and buntu/ Mint Debian on my desktop
    hoooorrrraaaayyy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am not an Ubuntu/Linux elitist, but I only use Ubuntu now.
    My PC - God bless is soul - is on it's way to the promised land after 10 years of private and work use. When I put it together, xp was loaded, then when Vista came along, that particular point in time sent me searching for a new op, that's when I found Linux. So I searched for a Linux op that suited me and I found Ubuntu after trying about half a dozen others.
    Had Win 7 came along earlier, I may not have searched for another op, but there you have it. I did load Win 7 Enterprise onto the pc, and it has been great, but by then I had achieved all I needed to do and more with Ubuntu on my Latop. But my goodness that was a learning kerb, especially the command line, which I still enjoy running around.
    I recommend that if you are trying Ubuntu or any Linux op, keep searching and trying for a few months before giving up, you may be surprised at just how much you can achieve and more with Ubuntu/Linux.
    Sincerely,
    Scott

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I have used Linux on my laptops since 2006, and I duel-boot my desktops; one with win xp/ubuntu, the other win 7/ubuntu. I use windows for gaming and writing papers with special formating. But, for everything else I use Linux.

Beans
    Distro

I am getting there barley using windows not only for the occasional game or 2 and for the lans i goto

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Got to have a Windows machine for college/work before then i dual booted but personally i only use Ubuntu (or Kubuntu now) for personal stuff i.e. browsing etc.
    STAND UP + BE COUNTED LINUX USERS: http://counter.li.org/
    “If you don't know what you need a computer for, you probably don't need one"
    “I see little commercial potential for the Internet for at least ten years.”
    – Bill Gates, 1994

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by David Andersson View Post
    (Like the question "have you stopped beating your wife?" )

I have used computers for 30 years. I have never bought a computer (desktop, laptop, or netbook) with Microsoft Windows pre-installed. I do not have any computer with Microsoft Windows in my home (as far as I know, not sure about the refrigerator). I did have to use Microsoft WinXP (beside Sun Solaris) for years at work, but when the XP side began to dominate I quit, and I'm currently unemployed.

Xubuntu is my main os since 6.10.
    You still switched to Linux at some point, since you'd have been using Unix before '91. = )
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans
    Distro

I learned about Ubuntu early 2009, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 in dual-boot with winxp for a while. It stayed that way for about year. Then windows7 came about, I REALLY liked win7 it was friendly and easy to use. That ALL changed in November 2010, I was doing something(can't really remember) that reminded me of the fun i had playing with Ubuntu, so i thought id dual-boot with win7. i installed Ubuntu 10.04 in a small partition(about 24gigs) to get used to it again. win7 had a ****-fit, i had to fix the boot loader, use a recovery disk because it had an unrecoverable error( really don't get it i have a 160gb Raptor drive and was only using 80ish gigs), after i thought id fixed every thing and logged into windows ALL of my files where gone(the recovery said that would NOT happen), I raged and broke my mouse........(i really liked that mouse too)
    So here I am using Ubuntu solo for about 4 months with no want, desire, or need for windows(the hate for the self proclaimed god of OS's is appeased by this too)

plus the community for Ubuntu is awesome, if you don't know someone will on here will, I've learned way more than i thought possible, making Ubuntu my main and only OS for a long time to come.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I made the complete change after G.C.E. O.L.'s. I was an Ubuntu user since 2006 and loved every single bit of it, the coustomization, freedom, and explorative nature, and everything else. I actually did my G.C.E. A.L. Computer Science project on Kubuntu on GAMBAS... (but I think the lecture in Singhalese language was a little too much for them )...

I've loved this experience, and I wouldn't want to turn back... sure I miss NFS and all... but I like this exploration and community better...

Microsoft Windows ©®(TM) free since 2009 and climbing...
    "කරපු තරමක් කෙරුවෙ උදව්... අහපු තරමක් ඇහුවෙ බෙනුම්..." - If You Expect To Help... Expect Earshot...

Page 765 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast