Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cafe so slooow!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Cafe so slooow!

Quote Originally Posted by bashiergui View Post
    What's the complaint in this thread? That there are less support questions being asked? Or that the number of megaposters answering them has diminished?

If it's the former then there's always the possibility that people actually search for their problem and find solutions right there at the top of the search results before they ask a question...

Nah that's crazy talk
    There are no complaints in this thread, just observations. Lets just say there is a difference in opinion on the value of the Cafe section.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bashiergui View Post
    What's the complaint in this thread? That there are less support questions being asked? Or that the number of megaposters answering them has diminished?

If it's the former then there's always the possibility that people actually search for their problem and find solutions right there at the top of the search results before they ask a question...

Nah that's crazy talk
    Some of us have been on this forum for many years; the culture and interaction used to be a bit different, and maybe we miss that a little.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It used to be like a whiskey bar in a frontier town--Wild, Wild West. Now it is more like an abandoned church. You can look around, sit anywhere you want, but you still talk in quiet tones--because it is a church.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    Some of us have been on this forum for many years; the culture and interaction used to be a bit different, and maybe we miss that a little.
    That's irellavent and does not count. This is a commercial venture and feel good vibes counts for nothing. It's just the way the world operates these days, don't lose any sleep over it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

UF is not a commercial venture. None of the staff gets a paycheck and we aren't beholden to Canonical.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    UF is not a commercial venture. None of the staff gets a paycheck and we aren't beholden to Canonical.

Sorry I was not clear about this, I was referring to Ubuntu Linux and not the forums. Apologies for creating the misconception.

Beans

There's always https://openlinuxforums.org/ for those who miss the "old times"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I used to log in and comment or even help (if I had the answer) much more than lately. I don't log in most of the time, cause it took me about 1minute, eventhough Firefox remembered the password. I miss the old log in. I know that a minute is not a lot of time, but it just annoys me.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For those of that are complaining about logging in here, just be glad you don't work where I do, I have to enter my user name and password three times, just to check my email.

I think one of the reasons the Cafe is slower is that many of the regulars were run off by the previous administration, we have tried to lighten things up a bit, by not being so heavy handed, but I guess the message hasn't gotten out yet.

Beans
    Hidden!

I am not sure where I saw the heading (most probably in G+ for a blog post by someone) and it basically came down to Ubuntu not being a success and so widely used only because of the technical things that was done to Linux to make it user friendly etc. but mostly because of the community that grew around it.

Is that community still as strong today as back then? It is all speculation, but the Cafe and Community serves as high a purpose as any of the technical areas of this forum. 2c given.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast