Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux: All the news on the project!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux: All the news on the project!

Nice work Patrick!!

Some issues that I got:

* I can't make it work with skype... don't know if it's skype or webcamstudio that's the problem
    * Are there some logging info I can access?
    * Can you make it possible to mix effects, like cheese, like have one effect on top of another effect?
    * Why do I need to restart the source if I want to use the Gstreamer effects?

And I could never make the sound work with jack... I would be cool to swich between diffrent sound sources. Like Rythmebox, front mic, headset mic, webcam mic++

And keep up the great work, you sure work fast

-ha-
    "Think for yourself; Question authority"

Beans
    Distro

how do I delete posts? gaaaah
    Last edited by HumanAnarchist; November 3rd, 2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: dup

Beans

Hi HumanAnarchist!

It does not work with skype for now. I'll have to try to find out why (Probably an issue with the vloopback module). It is working with aMSN, Flash, Wengophone, camstream. I'm still trying to find other software that can use V4L devices...

Mixing effects could be possible, but is not enabled for now. I just need to make sure that everything is stable enough, and then I'll look to enable multi-effect. It's a matter of time.

As for having to restard to apply a Gstreamer effect is a litimation of the gstreamer framwork. I have filled a request on thise issue. Actually, I was able to remove the effect, but not add/replace a Gstreamer effect using the library. That's why they are in their own tab since they do not behave as other effects.

Jack can be a beast to master, but wait for the next release, I was able to use the pulseaudio server (that is installed by default in Ubuntu) to create a virtual microphone. So no need anymore for Jack or Alsa as everything is done in the puslseaudio server. To give you an idea, I can add a delay on the microphone to sychonize mic/webcam and use a 3 bands equalizer to have a better sound. You will simply have to use the "pavucontrol" to managed what sound is sent to the "virtual" microphone. For example, send the "real" microphone to the "virtual" microphone, send your music also to that "virtual" microphone as background music and more the recording stream for Flash to read from the virtual microphone...

For now things will be simple, but as releases will work better, new features will be possible.

Hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by HumanAnarchist View Post
    Nice work Patrick!!

Some issues that I got:

* I can't make it work with skype... don't know if it's skype or webcamstudio that's the problem
    * Are there some logging info I can access?
    * Can you make it possible to mix effects, like cheese, like have one effect on top of another effect?
    * Why do I need to restart the source if I want to use the Gstreamer effects?

And I could never make the sound work with jack... I would be cool to swich between diffrent sound sources. Like Rythmebox, front mic, headset mic, webcam mic++

And keep up the great work, you sure work fast

-ha-

Beans

WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux 0.30 is out! Yeah! It's different!

Beans
    Distro

Got some exceptions...

Code:
    Mon Nov  3 17:54:07 ARST 2008
    ~
    workingnorm@smartypants: pts/2: 20 files 736Kb -> webcamstudio 
    Error loading device: video1
    Error loading device capacity video1
    Pointer Size: 4
    Error loading device: video2
    Error loading device capacity video2
    Pointer Size: 4
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such Gstreamer factory: ladspa-delay-5s
            at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.makeRawElement(ElementFactory.java:172)
            at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.make(ElementFactory.java:164)
            at webcamstudio.Pulseaudio.<init>(Pulseaudio.java:90)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio.chkManagePusleAudioActionPerformed(WebcamStudio.java:3492)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio.access$6300(WebcamStudio.java:35)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio$88.actionPerformed(WebcamStudio.java:2265)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
            at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:291)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
            at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6041)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
            at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5806)
            at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4413)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4243)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2440)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such Gstreamer factory: ladspa-delay-5s
            at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.makeRawElement(ElementFactory.java:172)
            at org.gstreamer.ElementFactory.make(ElementFactory.java:164)
            at webcamstudio.Pulseaudio.<init>(Pulseaudio.java:90)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio.chkManagePusleAudioActionPerformed(WebcamStudio.java:3492)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio.access$6300(WebcamStudio.java:35)
            at webcamstudio.WebcamStudio$88.actionPerformed(WebcamStudio.java:2265)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
            at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:291)
    	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
    	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6041)
    	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
    	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5806)
    	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4413)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
    	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2440)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)

Beans
    Distro

Not sure if I like the new layout, since it was convinient to have always be able to see the display window, the you fiddle around with effects and text...

But still great work, always fun to test new versions

-ha-

Beans

Hi,

You are missing a plugin for gstreamer...

You should have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad installed... In that package, you have the required library: libgstladspa.so

Are you using the tar.gz or the debian package? The debian is resolving those dependencies, but if your using the tar.gz, it would explain everything...

So run "sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad" in a terminal and you'll have the required module.

Let me know!

Pat

Got some exceptions...

Code:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No such Gstreamer factory: ladspa-delay-5s
            at

Beans

Thanks for the input.

That's what I had in mind, being able to see everthing at once. But as I was using it, and looked at users trying to find their way around the controls, it was more annoying thant anything else. 95% of the time, you see your webcam in the software your are using to broadcast (Flash sites, aMsn...) so the preview is only useful for drawing or moving/resizing... Also, having all the controls in tabs give the ability to display more controls in less space.

And it is easier to show more info and feedback with tabs than with frames in a virtual desktop.

I'll continue improving the GUI with time, but I'm trying to find the perfect balance between functionalities and intuitive usage...

Pat

Not sure if I like the new layout, since it was convinient to have always be able to see the display window, the you fiddle around with effects and text...

But still great work, always fun to test new versions

-ha-

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by patrickballeux View Post
    Hi,

You are missing a plugin for gstreamer...

You should have gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad installed... In that package, you have the required library: libgstladspa.so

Are you using the tar.gz or the debian package? The debian is resolving those dependencies, but if your using the tar.gz, it would explain everything...

So run "sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad" in a terminal and you'll have the required module.

Let me know!

Pat
    I'm using the .deb to install and gstreamer0.10-plugin-bad is installed, so then I dont know what's wrong. I'm using Mint Linux though, don't know if that got something to do with the problem.

Let me know if you need some other debug info from my computer.

-ha-

Beans

Ok, you are using Mint... Maybe the lapdsa plugin is not part of the gstreamer0.10-plugin-bad in Mint.

I am currently using Ubuntu 8.10 so maybe it is part of the new version only... My version of gstreamer-plugins-bad is 0.10.8-1. What is your version?

In a terminal, run this command:

Code:
    gst-inspect ladspa-delay-5s
    If it say that it does not exists, then it means that this plugin is not part of your gstreamer-plugins-bad...

So we need to figure out how to install this module in Mint.

Have a look in your repositories if this plugin could be available under another package name.

EDIT: I just saw that I installed ubuntustudio-audio-plugins so it means that I have a lot of plugins normally not found in regular Ubuntu... I also found that there is a package named ladspa-sdk that seems to provide the plugin that could be used by gstreamer-plugins-bad... Install that package to see if it would work.

Let me know!

I'm using the .deb to install and gstreamer0.10-plugin-bad is installed, so then I dont know what's wrong. I'm using Mint Linux though, don't know if that got something to do with the problem.

Let me know if you need some other debug info from my computer.

-ha-
    Last edited by patrickballeux; November 4th, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast