Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concordance

Beans

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

Interesting. I didn't have to do that because /usr/local/lib was already a shared library. What is your output of:
    cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf
    ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Howto program the Logitech Harmony universal remote control on Hardy with Concord

kevin@ubuntu:~$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf
    # libc default configuration
    /usr/local/lib
    kevin@ubuntu:~$

I wonder if this had been messed up for some time? A while back I was trying to install jhmo and had a heck of a time. I finally got it to run but I always have to do it as sudo. Odd??????
    If you are led by the unknowing you should not be following,

Beans

Ive followed the steps in the first post and I think everything seemed to work ok. I logged into the logitech site, made a few changes to my remote then went to update, and selected to open the file with congruity, but nothing happened. I have a .EZhex file on the desktop and opening this with congruity has no effect. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks so much for this how to! I can confirm flawless installation on Hardy Heron, with kernel 2.6.24-19-generic. Harmony remote version 628, usb id 0400:c359.

Also, Congruity is on version 8 now. Concordance is still 0.20.
    P4HT 3.6ghz/G31T-M motherboard/2 GB DDR2 RAM/nVidia 9600GT 512MB PCI-E/WD5000AAKS 500GB/ST3750528AS 750GB/Ubuntu 10.04/Desktop/Server

Beans

Here's what I had to do differently in order to get my 525 working (Ubuntu 8.04)
    1) reboot was needed in order to device rights to change as configured (without this sudo was needed). Perhaps there's a special command for this?
    2) I had to modify library search path as instructed (a new include line in the file mentioned) (without this, I got an error about library not found)

And it works! After this I only need Windows virtual machine for RAW photo work flow. I'll keep my thumbs up for proper replacements!

I wonder why Logitech does not support Linux officially as they already have a server side cross platform web site.

Thanks for the great tutorial. The projects used really could use some documentation contributions.

Beans

Thanks, this worked for me with my 895.

Beans

tar -xvjf congruity-7.tar.bz2
    tar -xvjf concordance-0.20.tar.bz2
    cd concordance-0.20/libconcord
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    cd ../concordance
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    cd ../libconcord/bindings/python
    sudo python setup.py install
    cd ../../../../congruity-7
    sudo make install
    What directory am I supposed to untar these into? I tried my home directory, but after running ./configure, it returned errors during make.

Also, I got E: Couldn't find package python-wxaddons after running the copied apt-get string.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HoldSteady View Post
    What directory am I supposed to untar these into? I tried my home directory, but after running ./configure, it returned errors during make.

Also, I got E: Couldn't find package python-wxaddons after running the copied apt-get string.
    Sounds like maybe you didn't follow the instructions in the first codebox:
    Code:
    cd
    mkdir source
    cd source
    According to my Synaptic, python-wxaddons is located in the Universe repository which you were told to enable.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pudding View Post
    Ive followed the steps in the first post and I think everything seemed to work ok. I logged into the logitech site, made a few changes to my remote then went to update, and selected to open the file with congruity, but nothing happened. I have a .EZhex file on the desktop and opening this with congruity has no effect. Any ideas?
    i have the same issue. any help?

(edit) - post 20 by iitywygms solved the issue. thanks
    Last edited by noremacyug; October 20th, 2008 at 05:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

once I get to set permissions "lsusb |grep -i logitech" I dont get the required response of "Bus 002 Device 007: ID 046d:c110 Logitech, Inc. "In other words no response.
    What am I doing wrong?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast