Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hola!

I'm having insomnia for the last few days and I can't sleep ... it's 6:30am and even when I'm dead tired, I can't sleep ... guess it's Lubuntu's Energy that keeps me awake? don't know

I'll get back to ALL of you shortly but I need to be healthy (had migraine and now stomach pain) and full awake

One thing about the organization of this thread: PLEASE, don't worry because ONE of my main plans is to keep this thread in shape and organized like no other thread in this forum yeah, I know I'm SO MUCH confident but I know what I'm talking about.
    I've seen GREAT threads, much better than mine, regardless what the subject is, it wasn't organized as this.
    Even if the first post got so much information and links, I'll manage it, no worries

I've seen very much interested questions and I must answer but just to let you know, I'm having something could be more important. NOT saying that your questions are not important because honestly I do care about your questions the most but ... I'm trying to spare sometime to write on my other thread (Lubuntu 12.04) and it's very important because I'm afraid soon, will not have much time so better now than late.

I have lots of ideas for both LXDE and Lubuntu 12.04. If some of these ideas will be taken into consideration and the work started on that, I think Lubuntu 12.04 will be beyond what we may expect.

No secret so I'll share it with you.
    I have a 2nd PC (Test PC). It's P4 and I dropped the RAM to 368MB for a reason. I have installed so far:
    Xubuntu 11.04, Lubuntu 11.10, Mint 11 LXDE, Peppermint 2 and CrunchBang 10 and planning to install ArchBang too.

Why am I doing that?
    Obviously, I'm trying to compare in depth between all of these.

Anyway, enough for now ... I have to deal with my insomnia now and then think about what shall I write on Lubuntu 12.04 thread.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for everyone ... I love being here with all of you sharing the one and only love ... Lubuntu

P.S.
    I have tried:
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -P now
    but didn't work with me
    I have tired:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install turnoffpc-go2bed -y
    but didn't work too.

Hmmm, what else do I have to try?
    Last edited by amjjawad; November 2nd, 2011 at 03:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Hola!

Sleep, Get Well !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
    Sleep, Get Well !
    Thank you!
    I'm trying my friend, guess I need to use:
    Code:
    sudo su

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    I'm having insomnia for the last few days and I can't sleep ... it's 6:30am and even when I'm dead tired, I can't sleep ... guess it's Lubuntu's Energy that keeps me awake? don't know ...
    Sorry to hear that. Its much more important that you get sleep than help here. There are some ideas listed below that will help you sleep.

Try and keep your diet simple; no caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate) or at least non after lunch-time, no artificial preservatives or additives, eat relaxing foods like rolled oats in the evening, reduce your sugar intake. Also, take a calcium and magnesium tablet in the middle of the day and also before bed-time. Exercise for at least half an hour during the day. Massage your forehead, and ears and eyes just before bed for 10 minutes. Don't sit at the computer after 8pm to 9pm. If it persists, see your doctor.
    The difference between wisdom and foolishness? Wisdom knows how foolish it is.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
    Hi Orographic or is that Blackheathsnow

Sound Converter
    depends on gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
    depends on gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
    suggests gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
    suggests gstreamer0.10-ffmpegds

Rodney
    Hey Rodney, crikey, Sound Converter is great, it converted my WAV file in seconds. I couldn't install that last one 'gstreamer0.10-ffmpegds' as it hasn't shown up in Synaptic. Is that typed correctly?

There is a 'gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg' in Synaptic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Orographic View Post
    Hey Rodney, crikey, Sound Converter is great, it converted my WAV file in seconds. I couldn't install that last one 'gstreamer0.10-ffmpegds' as it hasn't shown up in Synaptic. Is that typed correctly?

There is a 'gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg' in Synaptic.
    Sorry, just looked at what I typed, that last line is wrong, I am a lousy 2 finger typist.

Code:
    'gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg'
    is correct.

Yes I can never get over how fast it is, goes well with Lubuntu.

Rodney

Beans
    Distro

Maybe not a super typist but a good helper, which is more important.

Thanks, will go and add that one now.

The thing is, I can do everything on Lubuntu that I would do on Ubuntu (Unity/Gnome 3 etc) except much faster and stabler.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Hola!

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post

P.S.
    I have tried:
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -P now
    but didn't work with me
    I have tired:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install turnoffpc-go2bed -y
    but didn't work too.

Hmmm, what else do I have to try?
    See:

Code:
    man sleep

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Not sure where to go with my question now; maybe you guys here will have an idea...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1874058

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast