Thread: PHP Resume Builder

Beans

PHP Resume Builder

I've been looking for a php resume presentation\builder I can download and run from my home computer. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have a LAMP server already running and I have installed other php websites, including joomla, on my system, but none of them are quite what I am looking for. I am an amature, however, and I need a site that has a good install script. I'd appreciate any insight you may have to offer.

Beans

Re: PHP Resume Builder

Here's a quick idea (I haven't used it myself) PHP Open Source Resume Builder -
    I use my Apache server and manage it with PHPAdmin... so I have various types of usages, but none for a Resume Builder.

J.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

What were you planning on using it for? I wouldn't advise using any kind of script to generate your own resume, craft it by hand.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Paqman View Post
    What were you planning on using it for? I wouldn't advise using any kind of script to generate your own resume, craft it by hand.
    +1. I've been using Optimal Resume for a school assignment and it seems to make it easier than doing it entirely yourself.

Either that or start with a template and modify it for your needs.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

What I really want is a website that I can build to present my credentials to prospective employers in a more interesting way than a text document can convey. I am not interested in adding my information to some website where I lose control. CareerBuilder and Monster already exist for that.
    Last edited by yazmonium; June 11th, 2013 at 04:09 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by yazmonium View Post
    What I really want is a website that I can build to prsent my credentials to prospective employers in a more interesting way than a text document can convey. I am not interested in adding my information to some website where I lose control. CareerBuilder and Monster already exist for that.
    And there is one of your problems. Sites such as Monster and CareerBuilder exist so that Resume Scanners/PR Scanners (which is the software that most companies that are larger than 300-500 people use today to sift through thousands of prospective employees) can easily scan them. They essentially present information in a way that resume/PR scanners can electronically read. Most online work profiles and resumes go through this process, and are rejected/accepted according to the info scanned. There is no "1 big pile of resumes vs 10 PR Agents/Managers" anymore, as all of this can be done more efficiently and cheaper with resume/PR scanning software.

If your website is not compatible with the resume scanner, then the correct keywords that the scanner is looking for wont be picked up, and you wont be given an interview just because the resume scanner failed
    Last edited by sandyd; June 11th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.