Thread: Unable to mount new internal hard drive

Beans

Angry Unable to mount new internal hard drive

I have a 250gb hard drive in my PC and just put in a new 2tb hitachi hard drive into the 2nd bay. When I turn on the system Ubuntu (9.04) is unable to mount the new hard drive. Everything is connected properly it's just not mounting for whatever reason What do I need to do to get it mounted? Thanks.
    Last edited by the aftermath; October 6th, 2009 at 02:11 AM.

Beans

Re: Unable to mount new internal hard drive

Install Gparted and check it's partitioned.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gparted
    sudo gparted
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by the aftermath View Post
    I have a 250gb hard drive in my PC and just put in a new 2tb hitachi hard drive into the 2nd bay. When I turn on the system Ubuntu (9.04) is unable to mount the new hard drive. Everything is connected properly it's just not mounting for whatever reason What do I need to do to get it mounted? Thanks.
    New drives are empty of anything and need to be partitioned and formatted before use.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by the aftermath View Post
    I don't have any useful tech help - but what kind of crazy stuff are you going to fill that 2TB HD with? Lots an lots of MP3s? Every movie ever made?