Thread: Can this long lived problem be fixed?

Beans

Can this long lived problem be fixed?

There is a forum account which I created, which is dead, has been dead for many years, because I can't access it any more and I don't know the email address so I can't change the password. I've been told several times over the years that there is no way to fix it.

I can't believe there's no way to fix it.

The name of the account is charliehubuntu. I don't know the associated email address any more, but it is an email address which belongs to me. Mail sent to that address comes to me.

Can the account be unlocked? Can an administrator send a change password message to the email address on the account?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can this long lived problem be fixed?

Hi - I've moved this thread to the Resolution Center as this is a better place for you to communicate with admins about your account. Two things:

There is no charliehubuntu in our database. Nor is there an account name similar to this that I can find. Are you sure the charliehubuntu account was on this forum?

The forum Code of Conduct allows only one active account. If you do have an older account which you would like re-activating, and if you can identify the account name, then your charliehletmein account would need to be disabled.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by charliehletmein View Post
    The name of the account is charliehubuntu. I don't know the associated email address any more, but it is an email address which belongs to me. Mail sent to that address comes to me.
    In addition to what coffeecat said, if you can not identify the account by anything other then the name you are out of luck. I would not support "giving" an old account to you based on the scant information you posted here. We have no way to confirm your claim.

So, I understand you think the "fix" is to hand the account over to you, but that is not going to happen unless you can provide more information.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    In addition to what coffeecat said, if you can not identify the account by anything other then the name you are out of luck. I would not support "giving" an old account to you based on the scant information you posted here. We have no way to confirm your claim.

So, I understand you think the "fix" is to hand the account over to you, but that is not going to happen unless you can provide more information.
    (1) If you try to create an account with the name "charliehubuntu", it says the name is in use.

(2) I only want, and have ever only wanted, one and only one account. Something happened to it, and I had to create this one. But I really only wanted the other one. I don't understand why you all think I'm being so unreasonable.

(3) I never asked anyone to turn an account over to me. Send email to the email address associated with the account. Whoever gets it will be the official authenticated actual real user, true? (It turns out, that person will be me).

(4) However if there is indeed no such account name in the system, is there something you can do to free the name so that I can register it anew?

(I don't understand why I can't ever ask a simple question on this forum without everyone taking offence.)

Beans

I'll be delighted to delete the account I'm posting from now,

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by charliehubuntu View Post
    I'll be delighted to delete the account I'm posting from now,
    As indicated, there was no name "charliehubuntu" in the data base.

Since the name was therefore available, I gave it to you, problem solved.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface