Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus T91 linux installation

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Asus T91 linux installation

After calibration, did you immediately restart X?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by kwabou View Post
    If you'd like to calibrate the touchscreen in 10.04, just do the following:

First, install the Linux driver from the manufacturer of the touchscreen. When it asks what type it is, enter '0' for USB:
    Code:
    wget http://www.ideacom.com.tw/download/DRIVE/IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    tar xvzf IDC_Linux_3_1_0.tar.gz
    cd IDC_Linux_3_1_0
    sudo ./IDC_setup.sh
    Your xorg.conf will now have the appropriate device section for the touch screen.

Reboot.

To calibrate, use the following command:
    Code:
    sudo /usr/local/IDC/calibration
    Enjoy!

Edit: For t91 only (as far as I know)
    Finally got round to testing this... Absolutely cool calibration tool!!! Works a charm on my T91, thanks a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Haven't figured out right click yet, but finally having a calibrated touch screen is nice.

EDIT: Right click works with the stylus but not my finger for some reason. Just tap and hold for 1.5 seconds. Found in /usr/local/IDC/setting.txt
    Last edited by kwabou; May 17th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Haven't figured out right click yet, but finally having a calibrated touch screen is nice.

EDIT: Right click works with the stylus but not my finger for some reason. Just tap and hold for 1.5 seconds. Found in /usr/local/IDC/setting.txt
    Do you have the problem of the cursor position messing up at the edges of the screen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonNapper View Post
    Do you have the problem of the cursor position messing up at the edges of the screen?
    No I do not. Make sure you run the calibration tool as the superuser, and restart X/your computer afterwards.

Also, in the setting.txt file, I changed the timeout to 1000 (ms) and the movement to 100 (Originally 30 or something low) and I can now get right click menus using my finger.

Beans

I can't calibrate touchscreen. I'm running:

then calibration tool appears and immediately closes. No output at console. video driver - poulsbo by lucazade (1024x600)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

No I do not. Make sure you run the calibration tool as the superuser, and restart X/your computer afterwards.

Also, in the setting.txt file, I changed the timeout to 1000 (ms) and the movement to 100 (Originally 30 or something low) and I can now get right click menus using my finger.
    Tried again and it worked. Not sure why it didn't the first few times, but thank you

Now to tackle a new problem: hard lock ups while using gimp or mtPaint. Strangest thing is nothing in syslogs, so I'm guessing hardware/bios/etc problems. Will keep you all posted.

EDIT: turns out, this hard lock up also happens when I switch to dvorak and back to us using xkbsel <layout>, which is consistent since my arrow keys are disabled in dvorak for some reason (no big loss there)

EDIT 2: lock up no longer happens on switching keyboard layouts (still happens with graphics), but now when I switch to dvorak and back to us, I cannot use the keyboard (letter keys are dead); improvement nonetheless
    Last edited by HarrisonNapper; May 20th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Shuvalov View Post
    I can't calibrate touchscreen. I'm running:

then calibration tool appears and immediately closes. No output at console. video driver - poulsbo by lucazade (1024x600)
    To verify no output, do this:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/IDC/
    sudo ./calibration > ~/A_FILE_NAME.txt
    cat ~/A_FILE_NAME.txt
    For "A_FILE_NAME" use anything that is not already a file in your home directory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonNapper View Post

EDIT: turns out, this hard lock up also happens when I switch to dvorak and back to us using xkbsel <layout>, which is consistent since my arrow keys are disabled in dvorak for some reason (no big loss there)
    Wow! Another dvorak user running Ubuntu on a T91. There can't be many of us. I don't have your arrow key problem (although I'm still running 9.10). I switch keyboards by adding additional layouts in the gnome keyboard setup utility and setting the windows-style "alt-shift" as a switching shortcut.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Wow! Another dvorak user running Ubuntu on a T91. There can't be many of us. I don't have your arrow key problem (although I'm still running 9.10). I switch keyboards by adding additional layouts in the gnome keyboard setup utility and setting the windows-style "alt-shift" as a switching shortcut.
    I think I just got that utility when I got baobab, so I shall give that a try. Lubuntu doesn't make it as easy as Gnome and KDE did, but it should work. If anything, I can modify xorg.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast