Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belkin N+ router USB storage

Beans

Question Belkin N+ router USB storage

So I have a belkin n + router and it has the feature of plugging in a flash drive and making it accessible to everyone on the network. Like a NAS. It says to connect to it by using the file browser and typing //192.168.2.1/nameofdevice where that is the name of the flash drive or whatever it is. I tried that and that didn't work. its name is KINGSTON. So I tried to browse for it in nautilus and found the folder which then asks for a password. there is no password. even to get into the router. I have no idea how to get to it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, John.

Beans

Re: Help with Belkin N+ router USB storage

Bump as I have this same problem. I have a Belkin N+ router with a 320GB Toshiba portable hard drive plugged in via USB to the router. Now, my router does have a password and I also have a WPA2 password. When I attempt to connect to the hard drive that is attached to the Belkin Router (via places - network-windows network- Belkin- Belkin N+ -Toshiba Ext), I get a window that pops up and indicates I need a password to access "toshiba ext on Belkin N+"

The form starts with "username" and auto fills it with the name of this Ubuntu PC. It sets the domain to "workgroup" and asks me for a password. I have tried both my routers passwords to no avail. I have then tried to change the "username" portion to my routers SSID, the only thing I haven't messed with is domain yet I am still not able to access the HD. Thing is, on my other Windows based PCs, I can access this hard drive without entering a password at all.

So, what do I need to be able to do to access this hard drive that is attached to the router? I suspect the answer would help the OP also.

Thanks

Beans

Bump as I have the exact same problem with my Belkin N+ router with a Seagate 1TB HD connected to it. Also asks me for a PW but is not pw protected and can be accessed without restrictions in Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is retarded, We all have the same issue and Belkin is ok with helping Windows and The Mac but when it comes to its Ubuntu users we are out with the Wolves. I am Have the same issue as all of you and it is getting me vary angry, I should turn Green sometime soon and go after Belkin.

Beans

Talking Re: Help with Belkin N+ router USB storage

I have the exact same issue, except I have a 1.5tb drive. We need to pool our resources and be patient for a solution

Beans

Here is how I did it:
    Access “Places” “Connect to Server” “Windows Share”
    Enter “192.168.2.1” into “Server” area and click “Connect”
    or SMB//192.168.2.1 in address bar of browser.
    The drive will be listed, click on it and enter the following in the fields shown.
    Username: guest
    Workgroup: Belkin
    password: leave it empty
    Remember authorization forever. And now it works.
    Last edited by dmurphy787; August 10th, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Beans

Talking Re: Help with Belkin N+ router USB storage

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy787 View Post
    Here is how I did it:
    Access “Places” “Connect to Server” “Windows Share”
    Enter “192.168.2.1” into “Server” area and click “Connect”
    or SMB//192.168.2.1 in address bar of browser.
    The drive will be listed, click on it and enter the following in the fields shown.
    Username: guest
    Workgroup: Belkin
    password: leave it empty
    Remember authorization forever. And now it works.
    You Sir, are my new hero! That worked flawlessly, only thing to add was after I did all that I had to type in my system's overall pw, but I did and it worked, now I can get on my files on this here Ubuntu box. Thanks so much, I now have every single thing working properly in Ubuntu, so excited!!!!!!!!!

Beans

Thank you for your reply, I am very pleased to hear of another happy Linux family member. I to am only a new user but I have thought about it for about 20 years and never got to do. I am very happy and excited to be using this fantastic system.
    Keep the system functioning by sharing your knowledge with others and we can all enjoy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thank you very much!

Beans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast