Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO surf anonymous

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: HOW TO surf anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by j-strap2 View Post
    1. Encrypts traffic between you and your ISP so that your ISP cannot see where you are browsing and what you are browsing.
    Which is good enough for me, it allows me to connect with jabber on the standard port AND avoid my employer's websense filter.
    Reality is what you make of it.

Beans

Yah, it worked!

A few things though. Firstly, internet is MUCH slower now. Also, I'm not sure exactly where to put the info. It has the following fields: HTTP Proxy, SSL Proxy, FTP Proxy, Gopher Proxy, SOCKS Proxy, and No Proxy for. each (aside from the last) also have a port field. I just filled in the data for every one. Is that right?

-Metroid48

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metroid48 View Post
    internet is MUCH slower now
    Copied from the wikipedia entry on tor:

It is considered impolite to transfer massive amounts of data across the Tor network - the onion routers are run by volunteers using their own bandwidth at their own cost.
    In other words, your connection is as good as your fellow users make it. If you want to speed things up, and save bandwidth, don't load massive things using Tor and use it only for the sites where you really want/need to be anonymous.
    Reality is what you make of it.

Beans

Im running tor besides this one.
    Do not know what Im doing wrong but hey this privproxy do not works for me, did something wrong in that privproxy configuration file.

Some socks4 forward lines are wrong

Beans

cyclister, to configure privoxy, you need to edit its config file and insert the single line

Code:
    forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 .
    Remember to include the fullstop at the end of the line.

Beans

It is very important that you off the TIMESTAMPS because if that thing is on you're dead.

Tracking PCs anywhere on the Net

Luckily there is a way to off this and this is what I like about LINUX. It allows you to control how it works!

Visit: http://www.linuxguru.co.uk/sblog/index.php?cat=2 and just follow that instruction. You can copy his whole sysctl.conf and replace it with yours (yours is empty by default I believe).

Now visit: www.speedguide.net:8080

To varify.

NOTE: Before you do any of this I recommend that you visit speedguide (link above) and see if your: Timestamps (RFC1323) is "ON"

Then visit it again AFTER you off the timestamps and you will see that it will be OFF. This is important so get it done before you surf with TOR.

Also if you want to check your IP try this site: samair Which reports more than just IP! If your setting is incorrect this site will reveal your true IP and last, use "User Agent Switcher" (Firefox) to not report your browser because with it people can detect your OS.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Question Re: HOW TO surf anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by bluntu View Post
    It is very important that you off the TIMESTAMPS because if that thing is on you're dead.

Tracking PCs anywhere on the Net

Luckily there is a way to off this and this is what I like about LINUX. It allows you to control how it works!

Visit: http://www.linuxguru.co.uk/sblog/index.php?cat=2 and just follow that instruction. You can copy his whole sysctl.conf and replace it with yours (yours is empty by default I believe).

Now visit: www.speedguide.net:8080

To varify.

NOTE: Before you do any of this I recommend that you visit speedguide (link above) and see if your: Timestamps (RFC1323) is "ON"

Then visit it again AFTER you off the timestamps and you will see that it will be OFF. This is important so get it done before you surf with TOR.

Also if you want to check your IP try this site: samair Which reports more than just IP! If your setting is incorrect this site will reveal your true IP and last, use "User Agent Switcher" (Firefox) to not report your browser because with it people can detect your OS.

Good luck.
    The last link you posted(samair) i went to it and im not using anything except the default Firefox and its telling me this: Resume: You are using hight anonymous (elite) proxy (if you are using proxy). But it does tell my correct Ip addy. Would surfing annoymously hide my IP addy? Oh and my Timestamp is off by default. Thank you in advance.

Beans

I visit samair regularly to check my IP but I do find that it's a bit strange in that it assumes you use a PROXY by default each time you visit it (or maybe I'm missing something). I tend to ignore the "Resume:" part and fixed my eyes on the first two (IP and Country), that should be enough.

Just today I did something wrong and it detected my real IP and when it does it will be in "RED" so you won't missed. Sometimes I forget to void my Agent (Browser header stuff) so by visiting there I tells me about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Why not just use a proxy site? I set my own one up to bypass my schools web filters.

Beans

Does it slow down my internet connection??...(my english is not so good)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast