Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast resurrection?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Podcast resurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC@Amethyst View Post
    Ronnie: happy to organise things if you put out a call to action in the Editorial. Is that podcast@ address still active? We can set something up over email.
    Not sure if the email address is still live, but I drop admin an email to ask if it can be sorted. For the moment, in FCM#33, I'll direct people to this thread to get more details, or get in contact, until the podcast@ address is up and running...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Been doing some thinking and research. There is no reason why not Full Circle could be the Ubuntu podcast. There is not many to my knowledge. There is the Ubuntu UK Podcast and the Ubuntu podcast, run by some americans, but that has now gone inactive.

Talking about the magazine would be important, maybe do a section on the podcast before the next issue of FCM is out to do a quick preview of whats in the next issue. But it will be important and to keep the podcast going to talk about ubuntu relating stuff.

One key problem with podcasts, is lack of content to talk about. If we widen our topics, it will keep the podcast going. Also, one a week maybe too much for some people or we may run out of topic. I think we could get a way with one every fortnight.
    Acer Aspire Revo R3600 - Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, nVidia ION
    Free of Windows since :22nd Dec 07
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Keep in mind that you must speak clearly and not too fast. I tried listening to the UK podcast once, but found that while I understood what was told, it was too exhausting as I had to turn up the volume and keep my attention at 100% all the time. Besides, there was too much chit-chat between the two hosts in-between IMHO.
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, definitely. Whoever is on the podcast would need to remember that a lot of our readers are not English speaking, so the presenters would need to have good sound quality and speak clearly.

I doubt subjects would be a problem as the podcast could discuss all the latest LINUX news, I empasise Linux as news and what-not doesn't need to be just Ubuntu... and there's no shortage of Fedora/Android/etc. news to cover each week.

Obviously we can work together, as in the podcast would mention the magazine and the magazine can carry a full page ad for the podcast.
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur_D View Post
    I tried listening to the UK podcast once, but found that while I understood what was told, it was too exhausting as I had to turn up the volume and keep my attention at 100% all the time. Besides, there was too much chit-chat between the two hosts in-between IMHO.
    I can't agree with this point of view, I think the ubuntu uk podcast divulges relevant information in a concise way and adds interesting opinions of the presenters. I think it would be more tiring to listen to if it contained just pure factual information with no chat or opinion, but I can appreciate it must be more difficult for a non native English speaker - it is however the ubuntu UK podcast!

If you think ubuntu uk has too much chat have you tried listening to linux outlaws (However I happen to love their chat enough to listen to it twice a week (once live and once recorded )

Beans
    Distro

So there we have our challenge! Quality audio, entertaining and diverse content

Outlaws, U-UK and Tux-Radar are regular listens so we have examples to emulate (but not copy). All we need now are some willing volunteers! RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------
    "Life, don't talk to me about life..."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by chemicaloli View Post
    If you think ubuntu uk has too much chat have you tried listening to linux outlaws (However I happen to love their chat enough to listen to it twice a week (once live and once recorded )
    No I haven't, and I probably won't ever. I've found that pod casts are generally not my thing, and I would rather read it than listen to someone talking with badly equalized mic's and differentiated volume between the hosts.
    My intent is not to flame. I am unarmed. -- QIII; thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Just want to restate my commitment to the podcast.

Whats the latest?
    Acer Aspire Revo R3600 - Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, nVidia ION
    Free of Windows since :22nd Dec 07
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro

Podcast latest: now the call to action is out in FCM #33, need to give it a few days for volunteer podcasters to declare interest before we put together a panel and schedule our first recording.

So far got me, chewitt and Dominus Sapiens (aka Dave Wilkins) on the team.

We could use indication from volunteers as to any special interest or expertise in Ubuntu/Linux.

Dave likely to cover Linux gaming and emulation. I bring monstrous ego, arbitrary opinion and absolutely no in-depth knowledge of any topic whatsoever.

Preferred days/times (including timezone) for recording appreciated.

On technical front I have added to the Top 5 thread: Top 5 Audio Conferencing Tools, in order to garner tips for reliable, good quality panel recordings. Any pointers on this welcome as otherwise we're looking at Skype and plugins. Empathy, anyone? RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Beans
    Distro

Podcast: go for recording

Right! I'm guessing the best way to get some attention is to make an episode and get started.

Dave and chewit: lets go for a planning session. My robincamethyst [at] yahoo.com mail or messenger account is working or we can agree a time to jump on the full circle IRC channel.

Anyone else interested: get in touch. RC
    RobinC@Amethyst
    -----------------------

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast