Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Beans

Re: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
    My number is 722-C52kk LU.SFT02.117.
    Searching on google points to a site where says it's 1024.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
    Now I don't even know why I thought it has a bigger resolution, it's not even written on the box.

Thanks for making things clear for me!
    I bought the 1024x600 on Pixmania online shop and they made the mistake to say it was 1280x720, because of that, I did return it and got my money back! After I bought from another online shop that provided the Serial Number of the product so I verified and trusted it was 1280x720.

Maybe you can do the same... return and get a correct one! I had an Acer Aspire One 110 that is 1024x600... and there is an HUGE difference for the 1280x720!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by casainho View Post
    Maybe you can do the same... return and get a correct one!
    Unfortunately, I can't do that - it seems I tricked myself and no one else is to blame. That was an extremely cheap offer, and now I know why

Eh, it's still usable. I'll be using it for quick LaTeX jobs on my presentations (in Emacs), which will be compiled to PDFs and for showing these presentations using the Adobe reader. It'll do

Still, thanks again, I'm a bit ashamed to say this but I wasted at least 3 hours downloading and compiling different driver versions...

Beans

I tried the to remove the watermark, but I ended up bricking my Ubuntu install. If I try a regular boot, all I get now is a terminal. Reduced graphics mode works fine. Much help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by scootaloo; October 10th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

yes, thank you so much for posting the fix about freezing after log in, have been worrying about it since I installed natty on my lenovo G475 a few days ago. now the only thing that isnt working is the internal microphone, as the headphones works just fine. also why is that on emphaty the video call and the audio call options are not accessible? I installed cheese and the built in camera works. also, about the power management that you posted, would it work on G475? as ive noticed, I have less battery power on natty compared to as Im on Win 7, yes I'm on dual boot....once again thank you very much....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scootaloo View Post
    I tried the to remove the watermark, but I ended up bricking my Ubuntu install. If I try a regular boot, all I get now is a terminal. Reduced graphics mode works fine. Much help would be appreciated.
    Start computer in reduced graphics mode. If you installed fglrx drivers form repository, just deactivate them via Additional hardware. If you install them using latest version from AMD's site, follow instructions for removing fglrx drivers from:
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx
    After one of these procedures, you should have open source driver active again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks,

Beans

I'm planning to make a new thread for 11.10. But, right now, after update from 11.04 to 11.10, I'm still trying to make my wireless to work. My 722 has Broadcom 4313 chip, and I didn't manage to make it work nor with OSS, nor with proprietary drivers (I was using OSS drivers in 11.04). Ahyone had success with this?

EDIT: Success! I just don't know what of several things I tried enabled it...
    Last edited by zzarko; October 16th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Hey zzarko and others,
    You guys saved my day - and AO722. Many thanks.

Anool

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zzarko View Post
    Start computer in reduced graphics mode. If you installed fglrx drivers form repository, just deactivate them via Additional hardware. If you install them using latest version from AMD's site, follow instructions for removing fglrx drivers from:
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...talyst.2Ffglrx
    After one of these procedures, you should have open source driver active again.
    Thanks, that allowed me to boot in normal mode. I reinstalled the AMD drivers per the instructions on their website. For some reason, the open source graphics restricts me to only 800 x 600.

However, I still can't figure out how to remove the watermark without bricking the graphics again. I ran the script that was found earlier in this thread. :\

Beans

Just my 2¢... I have experimented with 11.04 (Mint 11) but 10.10 (Mint 10) is really a better choice for this laptop, at least if you want the Catalyst driver. Also, you will need the proprietary wi-fi driver. But you get a better battery life. Also, suspend and resume WORK out of the box with Catalyst driver (but not with the open driver)!!! There is a watermark with the proposed one, but it's easy to install the latest version instead.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast