Page 170 of 389 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

hello all.
    I've been using pc's since c=64 days, but this is my first foray in ubuntu, so bear with me.
    Just wanted an alternative to *******.

Beans

Hello Everyone! I'm sort of new to Linux/Ubuntu. I know just enough to be completely dangerous!

My main objective is to become very good at Ubuntu/Linux to replace my Microsoft PC. I want to be able to never log into my Windows system and just use Ubunut.

As of right now, I'm looking for information that can help me with the following:

- How do I recoop from an error? In windows I can uninstall the program that I installed, I can do a system restore, etc. Is there a way to do this in Ubuntu?

- How do I add additional storage? I built my system with a small 250GB drive. I want to add additional storage that I can use for data, virtualbox, media files, etc. Ho do I add a hard drive (raid) and then access it?

- What are some of the software packages I'll need? I typically use Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Is there a good list of software options?

I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone and learning a lot!!

Charles

Beans

I am new here and why is there a limit of 25 posts before changing any of our user settings? Kind of crazy..=\

Beans

Introducing Myself

So, I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Samuel. I'm a web developer using the current development standards as "suggested" by the W3C. I do a lot of Drupal work.

Recently, I purchased Windows 8. Once I found out that the start menu was removed completely from Windows (unless you install a third party software), I became somewhat upset. I decided to give Debian a spin for a while. Now that I'm fairly comfortable with Linux, I decided to take the next step in this journey by installing Ubuntu in its place.

If I get Ubuntu working with my Wireless USB adapter, I will remove the Windows partition and fly Linux solo.

It feels good to be in the family.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Introducing Myself

Good luck and welcome aboard. Best way to learn linux is to remove windows completely. If things don't work out for you, you can always install it again, but I found that not having a fallback forced me to learn new ways of doing things

Beans

Re: new bie

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    Hi and welcome. I've moved your post to this Introduce yourself Here thread.

Which version of ubuntu are you running?
    ubuntu version 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedturtle View Post
    I am new here and why is there a limit of 25 posts before changing any of our user settings? Kind of crazy..=\
    Welcome to the forums. Here's the thread on why you need 25 posts(be glad they changed it, it used to be 50):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2034393
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

hello all
    idk what i wanted to write here, but i prefer terminal than cmd

Beans

Hello everyone!

I've been using Ubuntu since May, and I really like it.

I switched to Ubuntu after having to reinstall Windows XP three times due to internal failures.

Unfortunately, I will have dual boot XP and Ubuntu if I want to get my USB Wifi adapter working the way I want it to...but as soon as I can it working in Ubuntu, I'll dump Windows for good!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Here's the thread on why you need 25 posts(be glad they changed it, it used to be 50):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2034393
    Thanks.

Page 170 of 389 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast