Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: postfix mysql saslauthd stopped working after 11.10

Beans

Re: postfix mysql saslauthd stopped working after 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by Jarozas View Post
    Your message looks like a light in the dark but ... the make and make install gave a lot of errors and nothing new is installed.
    Care to share what compile errors you're getting? I'm assuming it's got to be just a dependency or it's something pretty basic. I was getting some compile errors on previous versions of sasl but it was a simple gcc 3 vs gcc 4 problem that took an update of 2 lines.

Beans

Hello,

I post some errors in hope someone can help:
    ---------------------------------

When do make
    db_berkeley.c:371:6: note: expected 'int (**)(void)' but argument is of type 'int (**)(void *, const char *, const char *, const char **, unsigned int *)'
    make[2]: *** [db_berkeley.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/sasldb'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

when do make install
    db_berkeley.c:371:6: warning: passing argument 3 of 'utils->getcallback' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:371:6: note: expected 'int (**)(void)' but argument is of type 'int (**)(void *, const char *, const char *, const char **, unsigned int *)'
    make[1]: *** [db_berkeley.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/sasldb'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Beans

Hello,

I post some errors in hope someone can help:
    ---------------------------------

When do make

If 'make' doesn't complete then 'make install' is definitely not going to install, it's still trying to make and runs the same thing.

Can you give a couple lines above that if there is anything useful? I have a lot of libraries installed on my system already, but you might want to try apt-get install libdb-dev to see if you have the berkeley db library files

Beans

Here goes the complete output after do make:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25# make
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25'
    Making all in include
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/include'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/include'
    Making all in sasldb
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/sasldb'
    /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -DOBSOLETE_CRAM_ATTR=1 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include -Wall -W -g -O2 -MT db_berkeley.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/db_berkeley.Tpo -c -o db_berkeley.lo db_berkeley.c
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -DOBSOLETE_CRAM_ATTR=1 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include -Wall -W -g -O2 -MT db_berkeley.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/db_berkeley.Tpo -c db_berkeley.c -fPIC -DPIC -o db_berkeley.lo
    db_berkeley.c: In function 'berkeleydb_open':
    db_berkeley.c:82:6: warning: passing argument 3 of 'utils->getcallback' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:82:6: note: expected 'int (**)(void)' but argument is of type 'int (**)(void *, const char *, const char *, const char **, unsigned int *)'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: warning: passing argument 2 of '(*mbdb)->open' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: note: expected 'struct DB_TXN *' but argument is of type 'const char *'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: warning: passing argument 4 of '(*mbdb)->open' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: note: expected 'const char *' but argument is of type 'int'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: error: too few arguments to function '(*mbdb)->open'
    db_berkeley.c: In function '_sasl_check_db':
    db_berkeley.c:371:6: warning: passing argument 3 of 'utils->getcallback' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    ----------------------------------------------------

Any clue?

Thank you for your atention.

(Now I'll go to sleep it's to late here 4:18 am)

Beans

Here goes the complete output after do make:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25# make
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25'
    Making all in include
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/include'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/include'
    Making all in sasldb
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/sasldb'
    /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -DOBSOLETE_CRAM_ATTR=1 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include -Wall -W -g -O2 -MT db_berkeley.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/db_berkeley.Tpo -c -o db_berkeley.lo db_berkeley.c
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -DOBSOLETE_CRAM_ATTR=1 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include -Wall -W -g -O2 -MT db_berkeley.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/db_berkeley.Tpo -c db_berkeley.c -fPIC -DPIC -o db_berkeley.lo
    db_berkeley.c: In function 'berkeleydb_open':
    db_berkeley.c:82:6: warning: passing argument 3 of 'utils->getcallback' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:82:6: note: expected 'int (**)(void)' but argument is of type 'int (**)(void *, const char *, const char *, const char **, unsigned int *)'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: warning: passing argument 2 of '(*mbdb)->open' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: note: expected 'struct DB_TXN *' but argument is of type 'const char *'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: warning: passing argument 4 of '(*mbdb)->open' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: note: expected 'const char *' but argument is of type 'int'
    db_berkeley.c:107:2: error: too few arguments to function '(*mbdb)->open'
    db_berkeley.c: In function '_sasl_check_db':
    ----------------------------------------------------

Any clue?

Thank you for your atention.

(Now I'll go to sleep it's to late here 4:18 am)

After getting my system up and running last night, aptitude had dependency issues, so I decided to deal with it then instead of putting it off. I re-broke my smtp, and have been going in loops again. Repeating the same steps from history and not getting very far.

The GOOD news: I got the exact error you did above, and it was because I had libdb5.1-dev installed (installed libdb-dev did that automatically). When I replaced it with libdb4.7-dev it instantly compiled. I have maverick backports installed but I'm pretty sure both versions are available stock intentionally to give you the options (there is also 4.8-dev i did not try). Try that, and install.

The current problem that I keep running into is every time I install a different libsasl version, saslfinger/saslauthd etc gives "libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libldap...".

In order to get the error to go away, I had to make install cyrus-sasl, apt-get --reinstall the sasl libls, then make uninstall. Anything else and it wouldn't go away. I've tried using previous versions of the libsasl and libldap packages but I get the error above "no version information available (required by.." everytime.

At this point I think I might have just messed around with the packages too much and I'm not sure if I can get my system back the way it was previously. I tried to install openldap (so it would be directly compiled against/with cyrus-sasl), it doesn't have a 'make uninstall' (how convenient..) and now it gives:
    /usr/sbin/saslauthd: /usr/local/lib/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/saslauthd)
    /usr/sbin/saslauthd: /usr/local/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/saslauthd)

I actually thought I waited long enough before upgrading to 11.10..
    Last edited by otlayi; October 17th, 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Beans

For what it's worth, after manually finding and removing all of the openldap files that installed with make install, I've gotten my system back up to the previous problem.

cyrus-sasl-2.1.25 is what I definitely had installed last night that was working, when I make install and then start saslauthd I instantly get /usr/sbin/saslauthd: /usr/local/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2) 'make uninstall' will get remove the error (went in circles last night where libsasl2 needed reinstalled from app AFTER sasl-2.1.25 was make installed, and the error about 'no version information available' would only go away after 'make uninstall' on sasl-2.1.25 (but if it was uninstalled while libs were reinstalled the error would persist).

Beans

Thanks Otlayi,

I'll try this night.

Do you have a link for download libdb4.7-dev?

Beans

Thanks Otlayi,

I'll try this night.

Do you have a link for download libdb4.7-dev?
    apt-get install libdb4.7-dev libdb4.7
    It's part of the standard aptitude packages, http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libdb4.7

Beans

Cannot remove libdb5.1, apt-get don't let me do so.
    I've removed libdb5.1-dev with no complain, and installed libdb4.7-dev, but errors are still present and can't compile.

Beans

I was able to get my system back online by grabbing the following packages from natty (compressed to 1 wget command: libsasl2-2, libsasl2-dev, libsasl2-modules, libsasl2-modules-sql and sasl2-bin)
    wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu3_amd64.deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu3_amd64.deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu3_amd64.deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu3_amd64.deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu3_amd64.deb
    EDIT: If you've got a 32bit system, replace _amd64 in all 5 of the urls with _i386

I'd recommend making a folder, putting the above files into it, and dpkg -i *.deb

I have aptitude running without conflicts now (it would like to upgrade sasl if I let it) and Postfix/SASL is sending and receiving without problems.
    Last edited by otlayi; October 18th, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: i386 note

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast