Thread: network problem

Beans

network problem

I have installed the Ubuntu 8.04. I have a router with 2 computers of windows XP and anohter computer with ubuntu. They were connected to a router. Whenever the ubunut connected to the internet, the windows XP cannot connect to the internet. If I reset the router and the windows can connect to the internet, the ubuntu fail. I suspected that sometimes all of them can connect to the internet. What is the problem? I have no such problem when all installed the windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: network problem

Check and make sure that the ip addresses are not the same on the two machines. If that is the case then one will be able to access the network, and one will not. If this is the case you can just change the ip address of the one and it should be fine.

Beans

Re: network problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mauler5858 View Post
    Check and make sure that the ip addresses are not the same on the two machines. If that is the case then one will be able to access the network, and one will not. If this is the case you can just change the ip address of the one and it should be fine.

I have no such problem with windows in all computer and the computer can get the IP address automatically. Why there is problem with ubuntu? Any way to allow all the computer to have the correct IP address automatically?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by kwlam; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:15 PM.