Thread: Dual Boot On Macbook Successful, Horrible Speed

Beans

Unhappy Dual Boot On Macbook Successful, Horrible Speed

O.K.
    From the beginning:
    Yesterday I burned a copy of 8.04 on a disk, verified the data, and ran bootcamp. After bootcamp failed a few times, I backed up my mac partition to an external drive, booted off the leopard install CD, manually set the partition table to master boot record, and added my partitions. After this I booted the install CD and all went well, until GRUB failed to install. After some research, I found out how to install LILO on my computer, and detailed the steps found here.
    After this, I fired it up and to my delight it actually worked! I was amazed, until I reached the login screen. There was about a 2 second delay between key presses and said key presses appearing on screen, and the mouse takes about a minute to be coaxed across the screen. Its completely unusable. Any ideas to help fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Dual Boot On Macbook Successful, Horrible Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nender View Post
    O.K.
    From the beginning:
    Yesterday I burned a copy of 8.04 on a disk, verified the data, and ran bootcamp. After bootcamp failed a few times, I backed up my mac partition to an external drive, booted off the leopard install CD, manually set the partition table to master boot record, and added my partitions. After this I booted the install CD and all went well, until GRUB failed to install. After some research, I found out how to install LILO on my computer, and detailed the steps found here.
    After this, I fired it up and to my delight it actually worked! I was amazed, until I reached the login screen. There was about a 2 second delay between key presses and said key presses appearing on screen, and the mouse takes about a minute to be coaxed across the screen. Its completely unusable. Any ideas to help fix it?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=775591

Take a look there

Black MacBook (2008): MacOSX + Windows XP + Ubuntu 8.04
    Ubuntu = FREEDOM = Free, Reliability, Evolving, Enlightning, Durable, Omnipotent and Mine