Thread: Muon: This operation cannot continue since proper authorisation was not provided

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Muon: This operation cannot continue since proper authorisation was not provided

Kubuntu 12.04.2, KDE 4.10.1
    It used to be that I could open Muon updater, let it check for updates, click install when updates were found and then it would ask for my root password.
    Now when I click install I get a dialogue box:

Code:
    This operation cannot continue since proper authorisation was not provided
    I googled it and can find it as a bug dating back to 2011 and early 2012, but not to recent date.
    Some of the earlier solutions point to having polkit-kde installed, but I have that:

Code:
    root@quokka:/home/statia# dpkg -l | grep polkit-kde
    ii  polkit-kde-1                                                      0.99.0-3ubuntu5                                      KDE dialogs for PolicyKit
    I can probably work around this by running Muon updater with kdesudo, but I'd rather have it fixed.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by Statia; March 9th, 2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: KDE version added.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Muon: This operation cannot continue since proper authorisation was not provided

BONK?
    No, what's it called?
    BUMP!
    That was it!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Muon: This operation cannot continue since proper authorisation was not provided

Bump

Beans
    Distro

And just as mysteriously as it stopped working, it has started working again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I had this message today. I did the "check for updates" again, but same message.

The updates are security updates, but I can't install them.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by oygle View Post
    I had this message today. I did the "check for updates" again, but same message.

The updates are security updates, but I can't install them.
    You can do your updates from the command line, with sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yes, I think that is what I did to get rid of the message.