Thread: ALSA Upgrade Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Hi,

I always get an error, when compiling the alsa-driver-1.0.23

Code:
    make -C  SUBDIRS=/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23  CPP="gcc -E" CC="gcc" modules
    make: *** SUBDIRS=/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23: No such file or directory.  Schluss.
    make: *** [compile] error 2
    I tried several configure parameter, but it doesn't really help. There are two messages from config.log, which might be interesting:

Code:
    checking for GCC version... Kernel compiler:  Used compiler: gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3

*** NO PREDEFINED KERNEL COMPILER IS DETECTED
    *** Assuming the same compiler is used with the current system compiler.

*** Please make sure that the same compiler version was used for building kernel.
    Code:
    config.status:1758: WARNING:  'Makefile.conf.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
    Cheers,

zazi

<edit>
    Btw, this only happens, when I'm using the alsa upgrade script with option '-s', but as far as I've unstand it, is this the option, which is responsible for the latest driver building.
    </edit>
    Last edited by zazi; June 16th, 2010 at 11:23 AM.

Beans

Thanks a lot!! I can make sound work now. Still I have a problem playing sound though my laptop speakers. I can only hear it from the headphones jack

cheap wholesale T-shirts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Xemones View Post
    http://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/

Can be install t by the Alsa-update script
    Thank you. Im still a beginner at this but Im hopefull and will persevere if others have the patience to give a greeny some very basic pointers.

So I downloaded the package labelled under "drivers" called "alsa-driver-1.0.23.29.gcb93c.190.g9037b.tar.bz2" onto my desktop, I managed to unzip the folder (again onto my desktop) and open it in terminal (also a bit of a feat for a beginner like me!) and then typed exactly this: cd/desktop/alsa-driver-1.0.23
    and I get an error message that no such file or directory exists. (Im trying to execute step 2 under the short ALSA upgrade instructions.)
    Im obviously doing something basic wrong but as I said, am still a newbie, so cant figure it out. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by azitizz; June 21st, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zazi View Post
    Hi,

Code:
    make -C  SUBDIRS=/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23  CPP="gcc -E" CC="gcc" modules
    make: *** SUBDIRS=/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23: No such file or directory.  Schluss.
    I tried several configure parameter, but it doesn't really help. There are two messages from config.log, which might be interesting:

Code:
    checking for GCC version... Kernel compiler:  Used compiler: gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3

*** Please make sure that the same compiler version was used for building kernel.
    Code:
    config.status:1758: WARNING:  'Makefile.conf.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
    Cheers,

zazi

<edit>
    Btw, this only happens, when I'm using the alsa upgrade script with option '-s', but as far as I've unstand it, is this the option, which is responsible for the latest driver building.
    </edit>
    I am having the same problem as ZAZI.

Beans

/usr/src/Alsa-1.0.23/alsa-driver-1.0.23: No such file or directory
    It looks like the download portion of the script did not complete successfully. Try it again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cannot execute script!

Line 76: Unexpected "(" symbol.

Lucid 32bit /w latest updates.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    It looks like the download portion of the script did not complete successfully. Try it again.
    Still no go...
    The directory is there, and it has files in it. It only fails when the -s option is used... do you think they changed something on their end recently which is confusing the script?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can anyone see anything wrong with what I may be doing? I get the following error message when I open my unzipped/untarred folder on the desktop labelled "alsa-driver-10.0.23", which was extracted from the same file downloaded off the script page as a tar.bz.

Following step 4 of the quick install instructions I enter the command as follows and get the following message:
    Code:
    mikepanc@mikepanc-laptop:~/Desktop/alsa-driver-1.0.23$ sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh -d
    [sudo] password for mikepanc: 
    sudo: ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: command not found
    I have a feeling Im just missing a character or something....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by azitizz View Post
    Can anyone see anything wrong with what I may be doing? I get the following error message when I open my unzipped/untarred folder on the desktop labelled "alsa-driver-10.0.23", which was extracted from the same file downloaded off the script page as a tar.bz.

Following step 4 of the quick install instructions I enter the command as follows and get the following message:
    Code:
    mikepanc@mikepanc-laptop:~/Desktop/alsa-driver-1.0.23$ sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh -d
    [sudo] password for mikepanc: 
    sudo: ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh: command not found
    I have a feeling Im just missing a character or something....
    Looks correct, did you do a ls in the directory and make sure the file AlsaUpgrade-1.0.23-2.sh is in the directory you are working in?

Beans

Anybody who could help Zazi and myself with the following error would be much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by zazi View Post
    Hi,

Code:

Code:

Code:
    Cheers,

zazi

<edit>
    </edit>

Page 91 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast