Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithnc View Post
    Found the following. Disabled all. restarted Firefox, no luck.

QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6 (disabled)
    The Totem 3.3.90 plugin handles video and audio streams.

VLC Multimedia Plug-in (compatible Totem 3.3.90)(disabled)
    The Totem 3.3.90 plugin handles video and audio streams

Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)(disabled)
    The Totem 3.3.90 plugin handles video and audio streams
    Try this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge totem-mozilla
    sudo apt-get install gecko-mediaplayer
    This will remove totem plugin and install gecko-mediaplayer in it's place.

BTW, I hope you are not complaining about Adobe Air applications, because Adobe Air use it's own flash player. Different solution needed. What exactly is your problem with flash?
    Last edited by lovinglinux; March 3rd, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge totem-mozilla
    sudo apt-get install gecko-mediaplayer
    This will remove totem plugin and install gecko-mediaplayer in it's place.

BTW, I hope you are not complaining about Adobe Air applications, because Adobe Air use it's own flash player. Different solution needed. What exactly is your problem with flash?
    No, it doesn't have to do with Adobe Air. I cannot see any online video content since I solved the problem with Gimp. I can't see videos with Firefox or Google Chrome.

Thanks for you patience with this.

Last edited by dsmithnc; March 3rd, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Purging Totem and insalling gecko-media player worked. Thanks a lot.

Beans
    Distro

I have just updated the flash version. To get the new version, click "Check Update" in the extension menu, wait for the alert about the new version, then run the Wizard again.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

There is a known issue with flash 11.2 and Nvidia on youtube (and possibly other sites)

works: unchecked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0
    color fail: checked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0
    unstable: checked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    unstable: unchecked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

the checked status revers to this

color fail refers to the inversion of red and blue colors

This will info will be useful for your flash add addon

Adobe has basically said they will not fix it cause they don't support linux anymore (even though they officially do for this version)

adobe bug report ids 3097844, 3077076, and 3109467
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    There is a known issue with flash 11.2 and Nvidia on youtube (and possibly other sites)

works: unchecked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0
    color fail: checked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=0
    unstable: checked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    unstable: unchecked + EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

the checked status revers to this
    When I right click on a flash video, and select "settings", this settings box pops-up, but is unresponsive - I can't do anything with it, including closing! So I have to refresh the page to view the video! 11.10 x64, if that makes a difference. And yes, I have the YouTube Smurf thing going on

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Steeperton View Post
    When I right click on a flash video, and select "settings", this settings box pops-up, but is unresponsive - I can't do anything with it, including closing! So I have to refresh the page to view the video! 11.10 x64, if that makes a difference. And yes, I have the YouTube Smurf thing going on
    Please click Flash-Aid "Help" menu, select "Generate Report" and post it here.

Beans
    Distro

Try http://forums.adobe.com/message/3863047#3863047

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Afriad not - clicking on the version number, the "settings" option is greyed out

Please click Flash-Aid "Help" menu, select "Generate Report" and post it here.
    Ta.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Afriad not - clicking on the version number, the "settings" option is greyed out

Ta.

Try this:

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    I'd go with an older flash version but if you wish to disable hw acceleration in the flash settings you must do it in the player while it's in fullscreen
    (scrollbars make the settings box unclickable

If that doesn't work, then try this:

Open /etc/adobe/mms.cfg with an editor using admin privileges.

Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    Add this line:

Code:
    EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    Restart Firefox.

If that doesn't work, try to delete the flash config file:

Code:
    sudo rm -f /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    Also see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1949137

Last edited by lovinglinux; March 31st, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Firefox 11 & Beyond Mega Thread

Hi Lovinglinux,

I'm all but sure you talked about this issue already, but I cannot find it, and cannot remember what you had said.

I read somewhere in this thread that we should manually be updating the Flash-Aid add-on extension through the add-on manual update process. I did that, then tried to watch some Adobe flash videos, and was prompted to install Adobe Plugin 11.2.202.228.org.tar.gz. I allowed it to install and the Flash Video played.

I then thought I would try Flash-Aid (2.2.3); and ran the Wizard mode for stable flash, and beta 32 Bit flash (11.2.202.183), and in both instances, it removed the flashplugin-installer (I assume the one above). When trying to play the flash video, I would have to install the above Adobe plugin again, to be able to watch the flash video.

I don't remember going through this before, Flash-Aid, just looked after it.

Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast