Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FarCry with WINE won't work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: FarCry with WINE won't work

It works good with the normal restricted driver with a Radeon 9600 (r300).
    And you need to set Far Cry to use OpenGL and not Direct3D. There's some other tweaks somewhere.
    Brown doesn't suck. And neither does wood. Download Woody. A Metacity theme.
    Note: the rm command deletes stuff! Don't be tricked into running malicious scripts. If in doubt, ask!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

aoanla :It's same with both drivers.
    weblordpepe: " r_Driver = "OpenGL" " (from system.cfg) - It's been set up like this before, I think loki installed did it.
    Last edited by BorisK; November 12th, 2007 at 06:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by BorisK View Post
    aoanla :It's same with both drivers.
    weblordpepe: " r_Driver = "OpenGL" " (from system.cfg) - It's been set up like this before, I think loki installed did it.
    If you get:
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 20060815 AGP 8x x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL

when you're using the fglrx driver, then you're not actually using the fglrx driver, I suspect. You need to investigate if there's problems with your driver installation before anything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yeah Mesa isn't the fglrx driver. You'll need to ensure the drivers are working right.
    Brown doesn't suck. And neither does wood. Download Woody. A Metacity theme.
    Note: the rm command deletes stuff! Don't be tricked into running malicious scripts. If in doubt, ask!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

No, my mesa is right, because I'm not using FGLRX !now! . But I did try using it, because it didn't work I uninstalled it and reinstalled open source radeon driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

No, my mesa is right, because I'm not using FGLRX !now! . But I did try using it, because it didn't work I uninstalled it and reinstalled open source radeon driver.
    ...yes, and you probably won't get FarCry to work with Mesa based OpenGL. Indeed, I'm fairly sure, as I said before, that even the Open Source ATI driver shouldn't be using Mesa...

What you haven't told us, therefore, is what you got when you install fglrx... ("It didn't work" isn't a response to that.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

aoanla : With FGLRX driver I got the same error as with OpenSource driver (CrySystem.dll Failed loading...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I don't think you're understanding the point we're trying to make.

The error you got seems, on Windows machines, to most commonly occur when there are issues with the graphics drivers.

It is also the case that your system is giving odd results for glxinfo - we're not sure that you should get Mesa as a renderer, even with the Open Source ATI driver.

Hence!
    It is likely that there is something wrong with your driver install - both with the Open Source driver, and with the fglrx driver when it was installed.

You might also try different versions of these drivers (for example, there are many changes just between the fglrx versions 8.40 to 8.42...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well, I tried installing ATI FGLRX driver v. 8.42.3, and it didn't work(3D effects didn't work, not FarCry, I didn't try it with 8.42.3) , so I tried to delete it, but I believe certain parts of it might be still active, althrough I can run 3D effects with compiz just fine, and when I tried to start compiz with 8.42.3, a white screen came out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Well, I tried installing ATI FGLRX driver v. 8.42.3, and it didn't work(3D effects didn't work, not FarCry, I didn't try it with 8.42.3) , so I tried to delete it, but I believe certain parts of it might be still active, althrough I can run 3D effects with compiz just fine, and when I tried to start compiz with 8.42.3, a white screen came out.
    You whitelisted the fglrx driver with compiz first, right?

(Also, getting the fglrx driver working can be a bit tricky - it's quite possible that it wasn't quite installed right when you did it, through no fault of your own.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast