Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: New Wacom Bamboo not working

Quote Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
    Anyway, I'm including my latest logs so that you can have a look at it for yourself.
    I think that I am going to have to include version numbers in my patches. The information that you sent looks like yours is ignoring the 0x80 data. The current version includes it (data[1] & 0x80 instead of data[1] != 0x80).

The newest patch in post 144 now posts some debug data when the pad is entered.

Beans

Ok I will try to explain new hints:

1) Plugin
    2) push down the pen no scrolling
    3) touch the table, releas
    4) move the pen
    5) take away the pen (so no input is recognized)
    6) move the pen over the table
    7) NOW scrolling start when moving

So, the "scrolling-effect" first appears if I move the pen out of the tablet range once
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    It sounds like you don't have the DebugLevel set in the xorg.conf file. If you do, can you post your xorg.conf file?

Is it a button or just an led that changes color when it is a finger/stylus?

They base it on the length of the data or based on what is in data[0]. I think that TheguywholikesLINUX's data might have the touch data there but right now the device is not connecting with the patches.
    You are right, I didn't had a DebugLevel in the xorg.conf. I've added it.

It is really a led that changes colors. By default it is white (touch mode). If I press a button or touch the pad, it get brighter. If I put the pen in the range area, it become orange and will get brighter if I touch the pad with the pen or press a stylus buttons.

If TheguywholikesLinux really have a touch tablet only, I can understand he is not able to do anything assuming the touch tablet is generating the same data as mine in touch mode because here it does not show any data yet.

I'm including the latest logs. I've added the time of your last modification in the log line so it is now [wacom-1115]. This way, we will know which version we are refering to. Ideally, you should create a variable in the code that would be use in the multiple place you are using [wacom] to add the version number. I can do it on my side but I'll be the only one having this format

These are logs coming from a direct reboot (no disconnect at all). I've touch the pad, push on each buttons (all this generating no log so... it won't show) and then, I've done some short line with the pen, eraser, tried the stylus button both with the stylus touching the pad and not, I've also tried to touch the pad with a finger while the stylus was in the range.

So, lot of data logs

ehfortin
    Last edited by ehfortin; October 22nd, 2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Few corrections to text

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_3_ View Post
    Ok I will try to explain new hints:

1) Plugin
    2) push down the pen no scrolling
    3) touch the table, releas
    4) move the pen
    5) take away the pen (so no input is recognized)
    6) move the pen over the table
    7) NOW scrolling start when moving

So, the "scrolling-effect" first appears if I move the pen out of the tablet range once
    I was having this problem as wellon the Bamboo Craft. Using the wcm2_patch solved it for me.

Here's the problem now though. The pad and stylus are working enough for me to use them. Absolute positioning no scrolling, being able to left-click with the tip and right click with a middle button.

Weird side-effects: xxd doesn't disply any info from /dev/input/wacom only from wacom-touch. But touching doesn't actually do anything.

For anyone else who is trying to configure the D2 with wacomcpl you need to change the script it runs (wacomcpl-exec) or you will get an error...
    Code:
    can't read "isLCD(210)": no such element in array
        while executing
    "if { ![ string compare $type "pad" ] } {
    	    if { $hasPad($model) } {
    		createPanel 0 1 0 0
    	    }
    	} elseif { ![ string compare $type "touch" ] } {
    ..."
        (procedure "updateDevice" line 24)
        invoked from within
    "updateDevice"
        (command bound to event)
    Code:
    set maxNumTablets 250         # 250 instead of 200 on line 59
    set isLCD(210) 0              # and make these the next two lines  
    set hasPad(210) 1             # so your mods are all together.
    The function updateModelInfo defines the models and I would have put the 210 business in there but I only use this tablet so mine won't need it. There are also four buttons on this that I thought I could enable with "set numPadButtons(210) 4" but I was wrong.

Ayuthia: Thanks for the patch! The pressure ability is nice. xxd /dev/input/event4 displays input when I touch the pad with my finger and when I press the any 3 of the four buttons. wacdump displays BUTTON=+00224, BUTTON=+00064, BUTTON+=00128. TOOLTYPE=PEN IN_PROX=IN.
    Last edited by johnny2k; October 22nd, 2009 at 11:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi johnny2k,

Are you using a .fdi? Which one? Or a xorg.conf?

Did you look at the .fdi in post #32? It has touch as a subsection. This is what works for the Wacom usb tablet pc's with touch.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    I was having this problem as wellon the Bamboo Craft. Using the wcm2_patch solved it for me.

Here's the problem now though. The pad and stylus are working enough for me to use them. Absolute positioning no scrolling, being able to left-click with the tip and right click with a middle button.

Weird side-effects: xxd doesn't disply any info from /dev/input/wacom only from wacom-touch. But touching doesn't actually do anything.

For anyone else who is trying to configure the D2 with wacomcpl you need to change the script it runs (wacomcpl-exec) or you will get an error...
    Code:
        while executing
    "if { ![ string compare $type "pad" ] } {
    	    if { $hasPad($model) } {
    		createPanel 0 1 0 0
    	    }
    	} elseif { ![ string compare $type "touch" ] } {
    ..."
        (procedure "updateDevice" line 24)
        invoked from within
    "updateDevice"
        (command bound to event)
    Code:
    set maxNumTablets 250         # 250 instead of 200 on line 59
    set isLCD(210) 0              # and make these the next two lines  
    set hasPad(210) 1             # so your mods are all together.
    The function updateModelInfo defines the models and I would have put the 210 business in there but I only use this tablet so mine won't need it. There are also four buttons on this that I thought I could enable with "set numPadButtons(210) 4" but I was wrong.

Ayuthia: Thanks for the patch! The pressure ability is nice. xxd /dev/input/event4 displays input when I touch the pad with my finger and when I press the any 3 of the four buttons. wacdump displays BUTTON=+00224, BUTTON=+00064, BUTTON+=00128. TOOLTYPE=PEN IN_PROX=IN.
    I am glad that the patch is starting to work!

Has xxd always worked with wacom /dev/input/eventX entries? I know that mine is usually blocked off from reading.

Once again, I have updated the wcm2_patch in hopes to get all of the data that is coming in. I found that the way that I was finding the length of the data was incorrect. I am trying to use a different version that one of the other functions is using so hopefully it will work. If it doesn't, there is a possibility that the driver will crash. This patch is also trying out a version value that is based on ehfortin's suggestion.

So basically, this patch is mainly for trying to find out the touch and button codes. If you want to try out the more stable changes, you can now use the wcm_working_patch.tar.bz2 file instead. The location for the patches are located here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi johnny2k,

Are you using a .fdi? Which one? Or a xorg.conf?

Did you look at the .fdi in post #32? It has touch as a subsection. This is what works for the Wacom usb tablet pc's with touch.
    I've been using an xorg.conf because the .fdi's haven't been working for me very well. I think I tried all of them that were posted in this thread. I might as well try again I suppose. After I try the new patch.

Has xxd always worked with wacom /dev/input/eventX entries? I know that mine is usually blocked off from reading.

So basically, this patch is mainly for trying to find out the touch and button codes. If you want to try out the more stable changes, you can now use the wcm_working_patch.tar.bz2 file instead. The location for the patches are located here.
    xxd has been working for me up until recently. Like I said, I only get input from the touch-device now but before that I was getting input from both.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a new new patch. Excellent! I'll give that a whirl.

:edit: Tried it and it works better. I no longer have to mess around with getting my tip to be a left-click after a restart

:edit number 2: Sorry, spoke to soon. At first after a restart of X or complete reboot it works just fine with partial touch support and then it reverts to tip being right or middle click and doing the page up thing as I lift the tip from the pad.
    Last edited by johnny2k; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spoke too soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Hey All, BE SURE that you are using ONLY xorg.conf OR 10-linuxwacom.fdi - not both!

Favux gave me that hint a while back and I am quite sure that the two together create quite the confusion for X.

Just in and out again - won't be doing much tonight.
    Last edited by kgingeri; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: add hi-lighting

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realize there was a new new patch. Excellent! I'll give that a whirl.

:edit: Tried it and it works better. I no longer have to mess around with getting my tip to be a left-click after a restart

:edit number 2: Sorry, spoke to soon. At first after a restart of X or complete reboot it works just fine with partial touch support and then it reverts to tip being right or middle click and doing the page up thing as I lift the tip from the pad.
    If you are using the wcm2_patch, can you attach your /var/log/messages file? I would like to take a look at it with the new debug messages.

Beans

If you are using the wcm2_patch, can you attach your /var/log/messages file? I would like to take a look at it with the new debug messages.
    I had to reinstall the driver that was patched with that because I was using your new patch and I attached it so it wouldn't take up so much space.

Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast