Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    I Like it. I'll give it a try next month!
    Btw urukrama, I know you already mentioned what fonts are you using but could you tell where which is applied? They look very sleek.

I tried MgOpen and DreamSpeak and both look somewhat bad -using DejaVu Sans Extra Light and Segoe Light
    Thanks!

Here are the fonts I use: Sans (size 10) in the Openbox menus and window titles, MgOpen Cosmetica (size 12) in the gtk themes, and in the earlier screenshot Dreamspeak (size 12) for the menu header and the on-screen-display (alt-tab and desktop switcher, which is not visible in the screenshots, of course). In the second screenshot, dreamspeak is replaced by Sans (size 10) in the menu header.

BBtime (the clock in the dock) uses that ugly Helvetica font, because I'm not able to change the font of it for some odd reason. The font on my wallpaper is Lohit Bengali.

MgOpen Cosmetica and Dreamspeak only look nice in size 12 (and upwards) on my laptop. I quite like dreamspeak, but not its upper-case letters.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Gutsy with the new clearlooks engine. Emerald flat while borders. No curves. Perfectly simple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DimitrisC View Post
    How can I make my panels transparent like this picture? I've tried through the panel properties but I can't get the whole panel to become transparent. The systray and the date/clock remain gray.
    those parts depend of your gtk theme.

For example, if you use clearlooks or ubuntu-looks (human) the panel transparency would affect all the bar
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by tehkain View Post
    Gutsy with the new clearlooks engine. Emerald flat while borders. No curves. Perfectly simple.
    Gutsy is coming along great! Can you take a screenshot with the scrollbars visible?
    *scribes is awsome*
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

August desktop: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...5a368d79fcc56b
    Simple,clean and green
    Work in progress
    Icons Matrix rebooted
    Wallpaper Droplets by aksdarereflection

Comments,suggestiosn are welcome enjoy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    Gutsy is coming along great! Can you take a screenshot with the scrollbars visible?
    *scribes is awsome*
    Here yah go. There is an option to change the color of the scrollbars but i choose not to.

Beans

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...creenshot2.png

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...reenshot-2.png

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...reenshot-3.png

Stayed with the Ubuntu brown theme, Human icons
    click links for full size not thumbnails. Emerald theme is mac type affair tinted brown to go with the rest of my desktop
    Last edited by mgpower0; August 19th, 2007 at 03:14 PM.

Beans

Now, be honest... Hidden Docker, Pypanel with the clock, Visibility with all the rest and I still miss TTM a bit... What do you think of THIS:

In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    Now, be honest... Hidden Docker, Pypanel with the clock, Visibility with all the rest and I still miss TTM a bit... What do you think of THIS:

that's a really neat integration of pypanel and visibility.

what font are you using on pypanel?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dbbolton View Post
    that's a really neat integration of pypanel and visibility.

what font are you using on pypanel?
    I'm using Corbel at the moment.
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast