Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A wishlist for Lubutnu 13.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: A wishlist for Lubutnu 13.04

This really isn't a Raring support thread, it's just another wishlist thread, and they belong in the Cafe. Moved.

Beans

For the next version of Lubuntu:

1. Fix to LXPanel system tray expansion problem:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/990619
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/846878

2. Delay to LXPanel pop-out / auto hide feature.

3. Graphical menu editor in default install

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I really like Lubuntu, it turned my old comp into a usable machine again.

The things I do not like are NO KEYBINDING editor????!!!??

here is an old on that looks rather abandoned... though it might still be nice
    http://code.google.com/p/obkey/

(not that I mind opening leafpad and fiddling with xml)

I think xcompmgr should be easier to enable for new users (have a settings dialog that has an 'Enable Compositing' button, that will check if xcompmg is installed, and install it if it is not, and enable it and cause it to be in the autostart...)

The "Places" Menu is mediocre.... I would like it to function more like Gnome2 or Xfce4 where it lists the actual files not JUST directories, though I REALLY like the open in terminal option. It would be nice to have USB/CD/DVD mounted and displayed in that list as well.

And it would be nice to have the AppMenu display a name (I just like the old gnome2 look personally..)

Why does it come with Chromium?? Midori throttles Chromium in terms of speed, and lightness. I would forget Chromium was even launched by the time it lurches onto the screen. Firefox loads faster than that.

And better default art. Better menu button, more gentle colours. Not such an icy and foriegn looking system. Most UI now have a somewhat transparent panel, I think the black panel with opacity is something Lubuntu should consider.

But whatever it is my opinion, I go so far as to edit the themerc file and make my own window buttons so I am blessed by LXDE whether it looks nice by default or not, as I can tweak it myself....

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: A wishlist for Lubutnu 13.04

GTK3 versions of Clearlooks, Crux, Industrial, Mist, Raleigh, Redmond and ThinIce themes would be nice, then the default themes would work on GTK2 and 3 programs...

Do we really need xscreensaver when xfce4-power-manager handles screen blanking and power options...

Little tweaks like adding "vm.swappiness = 15" to /etc/sysctl.conf would stop hard-disk mashing when running on low memory machines, also adding "noatime" to entries in /etc/fstab by default would help access speeds...
    Last edited by TenPlus1; November 15th, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Faster... It seems that over time, the new releases get slower than the last. I don't know if that's inherent in the core Ubuntu install or if it's LXDE....

Yeah, faster.
    Thinkpad T430, Intel i5-3320M (Ivy), 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 500GB HDD: Xubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

amjjawad.......How is the manpower looking for maintaining an LTS?

Beans

more USB friendly I think it works as a portable OS just won't work well with USBs can't update and download, lock screen yeah and some more apps not too many just a few more by default I hope

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mythic97 View Post
    more USB friendly I think it works as a portable OS just won't work well with USBs can't update and download, lock screen yeah and some more apps not too many just a few more by default I hope
    You need to install Lubuntu on your usb device, the same way you would to a hard drive, that way any changes you make, including updates, will survive after a reboot.

Beans

can be added network-manager-pptp by default? i use vpn connection and i need this packege
    ubuntu and xubuntu has this packege, it not too big

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ssulaco View Post
    amjjawad.......How is the manpower looking for maintaining an LTS?
    Well, IMHO not much has changed since 12.04 in terms of developers/contributors, but we've got a long time until 14.04, so you never know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast