Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: shutdown sound

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: shutdown sound

Hi
    As long as this bug is not closed the logout sound is not implemented. People interested in its implementation should tick the "this bug affects me too" option in that bug, so that the developers know that this is actually something people care about.

If you want to see the attitude of some developers towards this feature check for example post #8 in this bug (duplicate of the one I linked above).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have just posted a solution to the Logout Sound problem here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/214370

This fixes your system as you would expect with each Ubuntu user account able to have their own particular logout sound.

Here it is anyway:

Code:
    This works on my Ubuntu 9.04 system (tested with multiple user accounts).

Edit the following file:

/etc/gdm/PostSession/Default

And add this in before the "exit 0":

/usr/share/gnome/shutdown/libcanberra-logout-sound.sh

Now your logout of a Gnome session should play whatever logout sound you have specified (do I get a lollipop for this?).
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpenguin View Post
    Hi
    As long as this bug is not closed the logout sound is not implemented. People interested in its implementation should tick the "this bug affects me too" option in that bug, so that the developers know that this is actually something people care about.

If you want to see the attitude of some developers towards this feature check for example post #8 in this bug (duplicate of the one I linked above).
    Sincerely: no words...
    Mi PC: mobo Asus M2N SLI - AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2400Mhz - 2GB RAM DDR2 667 - GPU: Nvidia Gforce 8400GS 512MB - HD WD 250 GB - Monitor: LG Flatron 1953S 19"

Beans

Huge thanks for that.
    dcstar you are a star all right.

Must admit I had n't noticed that the shutdown sound wasn't working* until I tried to make my own sound theme. Your fix works like a dream.

*Probably because I rarely turn it off.

Beans

Do we have a shutdown sound now in Lucid, or is it still silent? I haven't installed it yet as I haven't done my back ups. Let me know.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

Installed. It appears not.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

I have sound working for loging out on kubuntu 10.4. I did a complete reinstall from 9.10. However i have not tired ubuntu 10.04 yet. I will probley me moveing back as dolphine will not let me use script in it like gnome's nautilus does

Beans

Kubuntu's fine. I tried that out the other day. It's regular ol' Ubuntu that's still missing the logout sound.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234