Page 94 of 287 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Kewl by Showtime I assume you mean template_cleanup - well I just tested it with my installed 0.9.1 and also with the working 0.9.2 - both are working fine[...]

I have tested it - so please check as this is something that would affect the translation thingy as well.
    Will do...

Thanks!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Check this out! Out of the clear blue too. I seen a sold line when I logged in and after installing a kernel and just as I was rebooting I noticed the alert.
    It still showed after rebooting and thar it be.

Here is what wunderground weather for my area says:
    Tropical Weather: Tropical Depression One-E (East Pacific) Tropical Cyclone Mahasen (North Indian Ocean).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

More progress with Raring:

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Fantastic Cavsfan - progress!!!

For the next version have been looking at the alerts mushrooming like crazy - storms fire warnings lots of stuff happening - the right time to get alerts working.

Now the full text is visible Tornado Watch | Areal Flood Advisory | Special Weather Statement | Tropical Storm Alvin East Pacific | Tropical Cyclone Mahasen North Indian Ocean.

The headings will not show like Tropical weather as we are interested in the underlying data - the actual warnings.

Here are some tips one can use.

pcondition_blacklist uses bash builtins for text replacement and a word can be extended with just * character like the example below:
    Code:
    pcondition_blacklist=( "light:lt" "heavy:hvy" "Severe:svr" "Widespread:ws" pellets pellet Freezing "Thunder*:t-storms" "with:+" "and:+" "Patches of" "Low Drifting" Small Precipitation )
    template_cleanup uses sed for text replacement and a word can be extended with ".*" characters like the example below - so waxing cresent and waxing gibbous can be handled with single code:
    Code:
    template_cleanup=( 'NonFedAWOS.*:Safdarjung MADIS' 'IDELHINE8:Delhi GK2 pws' '.*Safdarjung:Safdarjung Airport' 'Waxing.*:Waxing' 'Waning.*:Waning' 'Thunder.*:t-storms' )

Beans
    Distro

Interesting!

I tried the example (above):

Code:
    'Waxing.*:Waxing'
    And, the "Crescent" text finally disappeared. However...

Now, a close brace "}" has appeared, e.g. "Waxing}" is being displayed.

Hrm...

This narrows it down considerably! I'll see if I can pin down the extra brace, this afternoon...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thanks paramvir and vinDSL for the help. The problem is with rhythmbox-client as you suspected. Unless RB is running, it causes conky to freeze. Your workaround is good for me, I currently have:

Code:
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    RHYTHMBOX
    ${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`qdbus org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox /\org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Metadata | grep title | cut -c 14-""`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 qdbus org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox /\org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Metadata | grep title | cut -c 14-""}}
    ${else}${alignc}${execi 2 qdbus org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.rhythmbox /\org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Metadata | grep title | cut -c 14-""}${endif}${endif}
    which nicely gives me the name of the current track. Would it be possible to get the name of the artist as well? Thanks for your help.
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Fantastic Cavsfan - progress!!!

For the next version have been looking at the alerts mushrooming like crazy - storms fire warnings lots of stuff happening - the right time to get alerts working.

Now the full text is visible Tornado Watch | Areal Flood Advisory | Special Weather Statement | Tropical Storm Alvin East Pacific | Tropical Cyclone Mahasen North Indian Ocean.

The headings will not show like Tropical weather as we are interested in the underlying data - the actual warnings.

Here are some tips one can use.

pcondition_blacklist uses bash builtins for text replacement and a word can be extended with just * character like the example below:
    Code:
    pcondition_blacklist=( "light:lt" "heavy:hvy" "Severe:svr" "Widespread:ws" pellets pellet Freezing "Thunder*:t-storms" "with:+" "and:+" "Patches of" "Low Drifting" Small Precipitation )
    template_cleanup uses sed for text replacement and a word can be extended with ".*" characters like the example below - so waxing cresent and waxing gibbous can be handled with single code:
    Code:
    template_cleanup=( 'NonFedAWOS.*:Safdarjung MADIS' 'IDELHINE8:Delhi GK2 pws' '.*Safdarjung:Safdarjung Airport' 'Waxing.*:Waxing' 'Waning.*:Waning' 'Thunder.*:t-storms' )
    Once again I am puzzled where these 2 commands should go. I'll be happy to wait until your next version.

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Interesting!

I tried the example (above):

Code:
    'Waxing.*:Waxing'
    And, the "Crescent" text finally disappeared. However...

Now, a close brace "}" has appeared, e.g. "Waxing}" is being displayed.

Hrm...

This narrows it down considerably! I'll see if I can pin down the extra brace, this afternoon...
    I currently have the "Waxing C" displaying as well . Think I'm too drain bramaged to figure it out.
    I'll let you guys figure it out and wait until then. I am just happy I have a bit of an alert.

In Saucy it is currently displaying Alert: Help us communicate ---
    when the wunderground site has these 2 lines displayed:

Alert Survey: Help us communicate severe weather better by taking this very quick survey!

Tropical Weather: Tropical Storm Alvin (East Pacific) Tropical Cyclone Mahasen (North Indian Ocean)

Thank you both for putting up with my incognizance.

OK have tried out all options - may be the text somewhere in those variables...- I really played with it - no go it refuses to go wrong

Cavsfan - those 2 variables were from the conkywx config file

heh - got smplayer showing the track thanks Vin - I really went to town with your template

I like smplayer as it resumes where you left the track next time you start system .

Beans
    Distro

heh - got smplayer showing the track thanks Vin - I really went to town with your template
    Heh! Looks good!

Well, I'm finally going to have a couple of days to myself, this weekend -- no meetings (until Monday) -- no airport shuttle buses -- no red-eye flights. Yeah!

I'll see if I can figure out why I'm getting a close brace on the moon phase (now). Has to be something simple.

I just haven't had enough time, the past 2 weeks, to wrap my mind around it...

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Heh! Looks good!

Well, I'm finally going to have a couple of days to myself, this weekend -- no meetings (until Monday) -- no airport shuttle buses -- no red-eye flights. Yeah!

I'll see if I can figure out why I'm getting a close brace on the moon phase (now). Has to be something simple.

I just haven't had enough time, the past 2 weeks, to wrap my mind around it...

OK - HOLD the press - got that pesky curly brace Vin you can unwrap your mind - or actually 2 minds better than one lol

Now we can look for it - it is in the code some where in template_cleanup / showtime thing...

I have saved that currdata.html and shall go through ... ha !!!

Page 94 of 287 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast