Thread: Unable to find drivers for my D-Link wifi adapter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Unable to find drivers for my D-Link wifi adapter

Hi!

So I have this D-Link Wireless N 150 USB adapter. It's product code is DWA-127.

When I try to find drivers for it on Linux, there seems to be none... Does anyone have an idea where I could find a driver for it or how could I get it working? ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

USB wifi adapter problem

Hi!

When I try to find drivers for it on Linux, there seems to be none... Does anyone have an idea where I could find a driver for it or how could I get it working? ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Unable to find frivers for my D-Link wifi adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Zirts View Post
    Hi!

Most of the time you do not need to install any drivers because the Driver for the Hardware is supported by the Linux Kernel.

It looks like you are running Ubuntu 10.10 which uses Linux Kernel 2.6.35 and the Driver for the DWA-127 was not added until Linux Kernel 3.2.0.

You could attempt to update the Kernel but since Ubuntu 10.10 has reached it's End of Life well over a year ago and is no longer receiving Security Updates you would be better off installing Ubuntu 12.04 or Newer which would have a Linux Kernel that would support the DWA-127 (And More).

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: USB wifi adapter problem

While this article applies to Debian rather than Ubuntu, it may give you some clues as to where to go.

Sorry I can't do better. If you are really running 10.10, as your profile suggests, it may help if you update to a later version with a later kernel, and you may get some joy.
    "Strive to be the person your dog thinks you are"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Threads merged.

Please don't start more than one thread for the same issue as it dilutes the communities ability to help.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Allrigh, I will download the latest Ubuntu and see if that fixes it. Will report back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Unable to find drivers for my D-Link wifi adapter

Okay... So the latest 13.04 Ubuntu understands that I have a Wifi adapter conncted to my PC but it fails to find any wifi connections. Am I screwed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, copy and paste this command in the terminal (ctrl+alt+t) please:
    Code:
     wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
    It will download a script and create a file named (wireless-info.txt, or wireless-info.txt.tar.gz) in your home folder with wireless information so we can see the condition of your wireless at this time and the Mac address, WPA key and WEP key are removed for your security, then reply back, click on the paper clip and attach the wireless-info.tar.gz file as a zip file.

If you do not have ethernet either then follow the directions at this link for running the script without internet.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12350385
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It is pretty weird now, I have two machines with 13.10 and 3.12 Kerner. If I plug the antenna into one of them, it works just like that, no hassle needed. If I plug it into the other one, it does not.. Really strange thing..