Thread: typo in ufw wiki page ?

Beans

typo in ufw wiki page ?

I didn't find a suitable place to post this,so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section,however I think there may be a typo in this wiki page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW ,as the highlighted lines don't make much sense as they are,is it possible that the first one should actually read "remove or edit" and the "or" removed form the second line?

Enable PING

Note: Security by obscurity may be of very little actual benefit with modern cracker scripts. By default, UFW allows ping requests. You may find you wish to leave (icmp) ping requests enabled to diagnose networking problems.
    You need to edit /etc/ufw/before.rules and remove edit the following lines:

# ok icmp codes -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type destination-unreachable -j ACCEPT -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type source-quench -j ACCEPT -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type time-exceeded -j ACCEPT -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type parameter-problem -j ACCEPT -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j ACCEPT

Change the "ACCEPT" to "DROP" or

# ok icmp codes -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type destination-unreachable -j DROP -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type source-quench -j DROP -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type time-exceeded -j DROP -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type parameter-problem -j DROP -A ufw-before-input -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -j DROP

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: typo in ufw wiki page ?

If you have a launchpad account, you can correct the errors yourself. If you don't have an account, you can create one here
    Last edited by cariboo; October 22nd, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Beans

OK,but how does this work ? I just edit the page and no one supervises it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cogset View Post
    OK,but how does this work ? I just edit the page and no one supervises it?
    The wiki administrators, will be notified of your edits. There is also peer review, if someone finds something that isn't right, or full of the wrong information, it will be noted and corrected.