Quote Originally Posted by markackerman8@gmail.com View Post
    Marco and Andrikos,

Marco I noted this in your Xorg.log
    not good news.

[ 20.004] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 20.004] compiled for 1.13.0, module version = 2.20.9
    [ 20.004] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [ 20.004] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 13.0
    [ 20.004] (WW) PowerXpress feature is not supported on A+I Mux platform. Please uninstall fglrx driver.
    [ 20.004] (EE) this is a Muxless PX A+I platform, we doesn't supported it
    Yeah, this is the error I usually get. I tried switching to the latest Intel-driver, from a ppa, still without luck but atleast then X segfaulted.

It also makes me wonder why it complains about not finding anything on PCI@1:0:1, since that is the HDMI-audio - unless it somehow conflicts with snd_hda_intel.

Marco can you tell me how to put a copy of my Xorg.0.log into a hyperlink like you did so I don't waste so much space on this blog ??
    Save your Xorg.0.log somewhere convenient and then go to paste.ubuntu.com and paste it there, that gives you a handy little link for it.
    I would add it as an attachment here but usually the log is too big.

I see you found out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoDePollo View Post
    Yeah, this is the error I usually get.
    Save your Xorg.0.log somewhere convenient and then go to paste.ubuntu.com and paste it there, that gives you a handy little link for it.
    I would add it as an attachment here but usually the log is too big.

I see you found out
    Thanks anyway Marco
    this is getting ridiculous a year later - wow

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thanks anyway Marco
    this is getting ridiculous a year later - wow
    Well, at least we have better desktopdrivers thanks to Linus Valve - so there's always that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What is your result of running this OpenGL benchmark test inside a web browser? Please write which test you run and result. Thanks. http://have2chat.net/benchmark/?v=1

Beans

Current system specs:
    i7 3770k (intel integrated GPU, disabled in the bios)
    HD 7970 x2
    Sabertooth Z77

Issue:
    Installing the AMD driver (both from AMD site and using repos) results in a black screen, OR X failing to start complaining that no screens were found. Black screen requires reboot and nomodeset to get to a prompt where I can uninstall the driver.

What I have tried:
    Downgrading X to 1.12 via PPA

andrikos' patched fglrx and intel packages

Rebuilt kernel to remove vgaswitcharoo, and arbitration. Disabled one, then the other, then both. Kernels were from Ubuntu kernel PPA and built using the recommend build process. tried 3.5.0 and 3.7.1

Using the intel card as the primary display (I only want the AMD's for opencl anyway). This would boot to a 2d state only, and fglrx gave errors, so did glxinfo.

Installing driver using AMD install, and building as a quantal package and installing from there.

Allowing X to use radeon seems to do alright, but opencl is not supported under this driver. Any ideas on what else I can try? Any info you need to maybe narrow down the issue?
    Last edited by usernamestaken; December 25th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.

Beans

Hello,

Having decided to try and deal with my graphics card after a half-year gap in trying, I attempted the method outlined earlier in this thread. I am now in the odd situation of the AMD card working well but xserver doesn't start on the integrated card (and indeed, I installed the fglrx drivers from low graphics mode, as the intel drivers didn't work). If I'm correct, the Intel drivers allow the AMD drivers to work but they themselves don't work or aren't configured correctly to work with the Intel chip?

What might be preventing the successful use of the Intel drivers?

My discrete graphics card is the 6600M.
    The processor is the i5-2430M.

Thanks for all the work so far. Being able to actually use this graphics card beyond the my windows installation is brilliant.

Hekla

Beans

Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works !

Marco,

Trust me when I say Muxless system which are the bleeding edge type of Switchable graphics cards and the majority of expensive laptops in the past 2 years CAN"T have bios switches. I have spoken to Executive case mangers to Envy Support MANAGERS to confirm this after one EXECUTIVE case manager mislead me that it would come soon - but even he finally said he was misinformed. It seems so few people even in Envy AWESOME Tech support even know what MUXLESS Switchable graphics are - - Soo SAD.

Mark

You are wrong.
    Muxless systems use the same output hardware ( most the intel base) and just switch the processor ( being short).

The manufaturer bios can do 3 kinds of choices when build the bios.
    1. give you the option of choice from WHAT default processor will be enabled by default using the output hardware when the computer boot ( not the default card used) but the trigged output.

2- you dont have this choice. but the manufacturer do a well done code and turn the discrete one ON by default.

Both cases are the ones the official catalyst work switching or the opensource one.

3 case. You computer come from a **** brand like hp. a company dislike users. but love their money.

About HP.
    Just computer with the ADVANCED OPTIONS in bios can do it. From second generation envy 17 and ahead is a nono.

HP was very clear about this. They release this devices for windows not linux. they will not give support for windows.
    And same in windows windows 8 users or windows 7 already have big troubles with muxless drivers ( they how usual leave all second generation users stuck with old drivers and the 3 generation have problems).

OBS. After they do this official statement about non windows. They released all bios not single signed ( for non hack mods). But they double and tripled signed the files Just to be certain of no one will open this options under bios.
    Like the UEFI mode enable disable. We have an expensive hp and intel chipset but we barely can change the date.

Most of well coded expensive non mainstreamer notebooks have do have this choice.

And believe you. the low end ones from china. the plastic ones. All have this options to. The bios most of time is full filled with choices.

Mine mum use a chinese low end one with almost the same configuration from mine 2100cto. All plastic, all simples. But she can switch to UEFI mode and the default output path for video cards in bios. The i7, intel, amd card are exact the same.
    I even can install macosx almost 100% out of box. Minor glitches with wifi just.

HP is a ****.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Can anyone take a look here?
    Intel and AMD no-mux switchable graphics
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2099126

Beans

Talking Re: AMD/Intel Hybrid Graphics works

Dell N4110 14R
    Processor: Intel I5
    Graphics: ATi Radeon 6470M & Intel HD Graphics 3000

I tested all drivers and tried with PPA's and another solutions.
    The only real solution for me is the last Catalyst (12.10) after install this and switch to Discrete Graphics (because when you reboot you get a shell, you need switch the graphics and restart X), the hybrid graphics finally works!

Beans

Hi,

I've Dell Vostro 1540 laptop with Ubuntu 12.10 installed. Its working fine but not good with hi-res images. Is there any graphic driver available ?

Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast