Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A and UX32VD

Beans

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A and UX32VD

Quote Originally Posted by danieleds View Post
    Thanks for the info, I updated the article to include 12.10 users
    Thanks! I was able to successfully install it on 12.10 too without the ubuntu-x-swat/x-update ppa.

Beans

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying one of this, concretely UX31A with i5 processor, but I can't find how long the battery lasts in Ubuntu in normal conditions (browsing, Libreoffice, Latex, HTML editing, ...).

Could you please shed some light on this?

Thank you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mertvye View Post
    Hello,

I'm thinking of buying one of this, concretely UX31A with i5 processor, but I can't find how long the battery lasts in Ubuntu in normal conditions (browsing, Libreoffice, Latex, HTML editing, ...).

Thank you.
    I have a UX32VD and it lasts a little over 3 hours on battery at 25% screen brightness.

Beans

Hello,

Thank you.
    You can easily get 4 hours of battery, even more with jupiter or similar installed, it does very good on saving battery.

I have an UX32VD, so if you plan to upgrade the ssd or memory later, go get one of these instead - just a hint.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screemo View Post
    You can easily get 4 hours of battery, even more with jupiter or similar installed, it does very good on saving battery.

I have an UX32VD, so if you plan to upgrade the ssd or memory later, go get one of these instead - just a hint.
    Your comment together with the one provided by @TuxDude make me doubt about it.

In any case I would go only for the ux31a (or the MBA) as I don't need the NVidia card and the extra weight while power consumption is an issue.

More inputs on this?

Thank you!

Beans

Your comment together with the one provided by @TuxDude make me doubt about it.

In any case I would go only for the ux31a (or the MBA) as I don't need the NVidia card and the extra weight while power consumption is an issue.

More inputs on this?

Thank you!
    ux31a here. running arch linux (kernel v3.5.3) and can second the "easily get 4hr" with casual browsing and reading/typing.

My battery's power consumption sits at about 7-8 W which is better than my luck with any of my other recent laptops. I can push it to 6hr I believe although I haven't tried it.

good stuff in terms of battery consumption.

i also didn't need the second nvidia gpu. the integrated one is more than capable of playing 1080p content on my TV via HDMI using va-api. That's I'll need a GPU for.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madmack View Post
    ux31a here. running arch linux (kernel v3.5.3) and can second the "easily get 4hr" with casual browsing and reading/typing.

My battery's power consumption sits at about 7-8 W which is better than my luck with any of my other recent laptops. I can push it to 6hr I believe although I haven't tried it.

good stuff in terms of battery consumption.

i also didn't need the second nvidia gpu. the integrated one is more than capable of playing 1080p content on my TV via HDMI using va-api. That's I'll need a GPU for.
    I also didn't need the gpu, but I liked the better possibilities for upgrades. The performance/size of the ssd and amount of memory didn't impress me with ux31a,

But it all depends on what you need of course.

Beans

Hi there!

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 on my UX32VD and am having big issues with my desktop with the updates that came over the last weeks (see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2058752 )

Has anybody else problems like these? What are you running on your UX32VD machines? I'm undecided what to do next, either set up a fresh ubuntu 12.10 beta1 installation or going back to linux mint 13 with cinnamon and give them another try.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaefert66014235 View Post
    Hi there!

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 on my UX32VD and am having big issues with my desktop with the updates that came over the last weeks (see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2058752 )

Has anybody else problems like these? What are you running on your UX32VD machines? I'm undecided what to do next, either set up a fresh ubuntu 12.10 beta1 installation or going back to linux mint 13 with cinnamon and give them another try.
    I have my UX32VD running right here on latest updates (from last night), no problems except for the messaging-applet not containing any entries (which I can live with).

I suggest you try with a fresh profile (ie. a new user on the same machine to see if you can get a working desktop). Sounds like a local issue to me atleast. I will be happy to help further.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screemo View Post
    I have my UX32VD running right here on latest updates (from last night), no problems except for the messaging-applet not containing any entries (which I can live with).

I suggest you try with a fresh profile (ie. a new user on the same machine to see if you can get a working desktop). Sounds like a local issue to me atleast. I will be happy to help further.
    tried that already, created a new user and logged in with it, but it looks the same. I also removed most of the packages I installed through ppas but that also did not have any effect. I guess I will have to do a fresh install...

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast