Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu License needed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu License needed

Quote Originally Posted by iulian X View Post
    Almost all the slients of that isp most users use pirated windows and illegally download torrent files.

I must clarify this situation once and forever, if a copyright inspection will come because those people, the people who run that isp firm they will tell the others clients that because of me that happened they will throw the blame on my . ( I am afraid that i will become scapegoat )
    If i do not make it clear that a shared folder does not affect Internet network, they will put the blame that internet conexion goes down.

My neighbors will hate me and they will consider me the enemie.( not themselves or the isp ignorance)

Where can a get o copy of that document ?
    I have no idea - shipit is long gone.

Quite honestly you need to wait for Canonical to reply to you - this thread is more or less going in circles now.

Find yourself another ISP would be my plan.

Beans

I would do the same. You can't really do much when the ISP people are so ignorant and will blame you for everything, especially when all of the other people using the ISP are using pirated windows. I think it's just making them suspicious.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm getting upset, I feel ignored,still receive mail from Canonical with offers and promotions but no response to my requests.

Beans

I'm not sure why they are doing this to you, but, are there other ISP's around that you could try?
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

I suggest that you switch ISP's, if applicable. If an ISP is monitoring your personal connection(To which they have no right), blaming YOU for downtime, and threatening to file a complaint against you for distributing free software when your neighbors are using pirated Windows and illegally torrenting files, then the BS meter is off the chart. If an ISP is that ignorant then they don't deserve your money at all, whatsoever. So if you can, switch ISP's, or if not, I wish you luck in this battle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you aren't getting any satisfaction from Canonical, you may want to contact Jono Bacon or Jorge Castro, their email addresses are on their launchpad pages, that I linked to. Please explain to them, about the problem you are having with your ISP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't know Romania, but I have plenty of third world experience and I guess that the reason the the question is being asked is that band width is expensive, difficult etc and that people can't simply download an iso. For me the shipit program was the reason I started with Ubuntu a CD download over a 33kbs dialup was not a realistic option, before that I'd bought Suse box sets. I also guess that this small town does not have lots of ISPs otherwise our questioner would not be using such a ignorant ISP.

The problem, it would be nice if cannonical could send you (the questioner) what you want, but failing that I guess that you could download the Romanian translation of the GPL and print off the licensing information you will find /usr/share/doc/ubuntu-docs and contains

This package contains documents which will be packaged together and
    shipped as ubuntu-docs in the Ubuntu distribution. They contain
    documents targetted for end-users of Ubuntu as a desktop.
    And

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.
    go to a notary and get it stamped up or a lawyer and get a document made up and take that to the ISP he may be happy.

Possibly if the questioner doesn't do this he will have problems with the ISP or some equally ignorant official.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Wouldn't the GPL be enough proof for your ISP?

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/instal...endix-gpl.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

As cariboo mentioned, send me a CC of the mail you sent and I'll ask someone to check it out. A bunch of us are currently at a developer sprint in Oakland so my response might be delayed but I'll do the best I can.

Beans
    Hidden!

@castrojo
    I got the answer from Jono Bacon, it seems that there is no such a document, but will try to help me and send my email to Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by DMGrier View Post
    Wouldn't the GPL be enough proof for your ISP?
    https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/instal...endix-gpl.html
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian X View Post
    I have the unoficial translation of GPL translated into Romanian, but unfortunately it does not specify anything about ubuntu ( or other distro ) and I have no act from Ubuntu to refer to this License.

http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_(li...,_versiunea_3)

I need that document to make the connection between these two issues GPL and Ubuntu .

( I am convinced of the things you say, the problem is that i want to have all the necessary documents to convince people who do not know these issues )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast