That will happen with every kernel update. The new directory:
    Code:
    /lib/modules/2.6.31-19/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    does not have the compiled wacom.ko in it like:
    Code:
    /lib/modules/2.6.31-18/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    does after you used the copy (cp) command:
    Code:
    sudo cp src/2.6.27/wacom.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/
    OK, sudo cp'ed the file from the 2.6.31-17-generic [for me] to 2.6.31-19-generic. Did have to do a sudo modprobe wacom when I rebooted into 2.6.31-19 kernel. Not sure if I will continue to have to do that [last time it remembered and auto loaded with my wireless driver].

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi jryoung,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

See post #384 for the devices. Your Bamboo P & T does not have a cursor. That's linuxwacom speak for the Wacom tablet mouse. The stylus is fine and should be there.

As for the clicking, jumping, etc. you should talk to Chris Bagwell on linuxwacom-discuss. I don't think he's ported all of the Ayuthia/ob1kenobi code over into xf86-input-wacom yet. He just solved one of the problems (emitKeysym crash):
    OK, turns out to be simple issue and unique to xf86-input-wacom. It
    declares emitKeysym as a static function in wcmCommon.c and provides
    no prototype for it in wcmTouchFilter.c.

Aligning prototypes to linuxwacom and it starts working like linuxwacom.
    And Peter already applied the patch to xf86-input-wacom. So I think he's getting closer.

Beans

Hi, just pulled the latest code from the Bamboo branch of xf86-input-wacom and the touch is now usable. Nice. Saw a new property of Gesture value 3, but not the others (rightclickdistance for example). Will be keeping an eye on the updates!

Beans

Hi,
    Thank you all for the great work. I'm a new Wacom tablet user, and I'm really enjoying it. However I have a strange problem with my Bamboo Pen & Touch tablet. When I slowly move the pen towards the tablet, there is a point when the cursor starts to jump to the top-left corner and back to its original position very rapidly. This happens exactly the same time when the LED on the tablet turns from white to red. Even the LED starts to blink very fast at this point.
    I'm not sure whether it is a software related problem, so I would like to know if you could reproduce this bug with your own tablet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi jryoung,

Cool! They're getting there. Chris is changing the gesture logic and adding new ones I think.

Hi RiBBiT,

Don't worry you're not alone.

Jason (ob1) and Chris are seeing the jumps too. Chris says they are a lot less with his changes to gestures. Ping has added a new filter(s) to touch on the X side. Right now they're trying to figure out if the kernel side of things is contributing to the jumps and whether they need to add a filter there. Basically they're not sure they've traced it to the root cause. Which is what they'd like to do so they can fix it once and for all.

Beans

Thank you for your quick reply.

Beans

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for all the work. I have a Bamboo Pen (CTL-460) which I use as a substitute for the mouse. This works fine now! (with linuxwacom 0.8.5-9 and patch)
    With 0.8.4-3 and patch, I had the problem that the pointer would jump some distance towards the top-left corner every time I took the pen away from the tablet, but this problem has disappeared now.
    One thing that does not work out of the box is the eraser in GIMP.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sandr View Post
    IIRC, the Bamboo Pen has no eraser (in contrast, the P&T does).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by sandr View Post
    Hi, just wanted to say thanks for all the work. I have a Bamboo Pen (CTL-460) which I use as a substitute for the mouse. This works fine now! (with linuxwacom 0.8.5-9 and patch)
    With 0.8.4-3 and patch, I had the problem that the pointer would jump some distance towards the top-left corner every time I took the pen away from the tablet, but this problem has disappeared now.
    FOR the eraser in GIMP scroll back slowly through the pages, it should only be 2-3 pages back at most... Somebody walked me through setting that up... the instructions are more or less the same... you will have to watch for the eraser and stuff to be named SLIGHTLY different in your version of GIMP than what the instructions say.. Otherwise, following them exactly will result in you configuring your eraser tow ork properly.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Hopefully this does not create any confusion for anyone, but there is now a new 0.8.5-10 release and it contains ob1kenobi's patches. I have updated the first post to reflect the information. If I missed anything, please let me know.

Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast