Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shift + Numeric Shortcuts Not Working

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Shift + Numeric Shortcuts Not Working

It would help a lot if I was told some things I could try to test if the problem is Minecraft/Java and not Xubuntu.
    Sorry; I'm not a gamer so can't be much help I'm afraid. My best guess at this point would be that it's either Java or Minecraft, and based on the way other programs handle such stuff I'd be inclined to think it's Minecraft itself...

With the upload link you've given, perhaps someone else who does play Minecraft will be able to help a bit more.
    --
    Jim Kyle in Oklahoma, USA
    Linux Counter #259718
    Howto mark thread: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by JKyleOKC View Post
    Sorry; I'm not a gamer so can't be much help I'm afraid. My best guess at this point would be that it's either Java or Minecraft, and based on the way other programs handle such stuff I'd be inclined to think it's Minecraft itself...

With the upload link you've given, perhaps someone else who does play Minecraft will be able to help a bit more.

I agree it could be Java and more likely Minecraft, but I do not get the issue on Ubuntu 12.04, Windows 7 or Windows Vista. It is not gaming related, it is software related. I agree it sounds like it is Minecraft, however why does it only happen on Xubuntu? Do you know of any Java programs where I could test the shift + numeric commands?
    I accidentally erased my hard drive and windows in my first ever attempt at installing Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

why does it only happen on Xubuntu? Do you know of any Java programs where I could test the shift + numeric commands?
    Well, that certainly does indicate that the driver in Xubuntu is doing something differently from the others. I did a bit of delving into the Applications -> Settings menu and found something called "Keyboard Input Methods" that just might be what is causing your problem. I've not gone into it any deeper than just opening it up to see what's there, but it does seem to have various special modifier settings. You might search for more detail about it...

As for Java programs to test, sorry I don't know of any. Hopefully this new lead may shed some light, though.
    --
    Jim Kyle in Oklahoma, USA
    Linux Counter #259718
    Howto mark thread: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: Shift + Numeric Shortcuts Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by JKyleOKC View Post
    Well, that certainly does indicate that the driver in Xubuntu is doing something differently from the others. I did a bit of delving into the Applications -> Settings menu and found something called "Keyboard Input Methods" that just might be what is causing your problem. I've not gone into it any deeper than just opening it up to see what's there, but it does seem to have various special modifier settings. You might search for more detail about it...
    Well thanks... But I am not very good with (X)Ubuntu and I still have no idea what I am doing.. Or searching...

I have already spent numerous hours searching for a fix to this problem to no avail, until I decided to post a thread and bump it every 24 hours. Any help on what to search would be grately appreciated . I am glad we may be finally getting somewhere.
    I accidentally erased my hard drive and windows in my first ever attempt at installing Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

Well... we are back to this again.

Bump.

Beans
    Distro

Bump.

Beans
    Distro

Bump

Beans
    Distro

Bump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12