Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: driver for canon pixma mp280 printer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: driver for canon pixma mp280 printer

Quote Originally Posted by aikishugyo View Post
    Hi,
    I had a closer look at the current source code, and the pixma backend there is version 0.17.0, not 0.16.2 as in your case!
    yes, I see the same. Maybe because of the old 10.04 install i still had the sane-backends in the home folder (not in the src folder as you suggested)

As I don't know what you actually did in getting and installing the source code, please let me know if you had trouble compiling the code---I assumed from your previous post that you had done that without trouble.
    no faults, worked fine.

have to go now. will try again in 12 hours. I hope. Were to get the 0.17 files?

thanks!

Beans

"where to get the 0.17 files?"

In the source repository of course! that is what CVS means. Did you just copy and paste the instructions into the post, or did you actually execute them? If you can't compile the source code you can't use the new code. So prove that you downloaded, compiled and installed the source code please as per the instructions.
    Learning the mechanism requires good teachers and dedication

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

off course i did.
    did it again, because how to proof it?

some code
    Code:
    -> Installation directories:
    Configuration: /usr/local/etc
    Libraries:     /usr/local/lib
    Binaries:      /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin
    Manpages:      /usr/local/share/man
    Documentation: /usr/local/doc/sane-1.0.24git
    Lockfiles:     Feature is disabled!
    -> Network parameters:
    Build saned:   yes
    IPv6 support:  yes
    Avahi support: no
    SNMP support:  no
    CUPS support:  no
    -> The following backends will be built:
    pixma

found something in the make file

Code:
    NOT overwriting pixma.conf in /usr/local/etc/sane.d...
    NOT overwriting saned.conf in /usr/local/etc/sane.d...
    NOT overwriting dll.conf in /usr/local/etc/sane.d...
    can be that this is the cause of the problem. because i had an older version installed. Now i really have to go...

Beans

I see the output of configure.
    Did you do "make clean", "make", "make install" without problems?
    If so, then you should be able to see the pixma version when you set debug environment variables and use sane-find-scanner, xsane or scanimage.
    Since the installation goes into /usr/local, it will be chosen over any built-in system SANE version which may be older.

Take your time and send me the proofs of the proper installation without errors. You can email me at aikishugyo@gmail.com if you need to.
    Learning the mechanism requires good teachers and dedication

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi, I gave up using sane and other software, so I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use this scan with ubuntu for working purpose, or if it is necessary to reboot on windows.
    I am using kubuntu 12.04 64bit, installed drivers from canon websites.
    With Scangear, I have two problems and I wonder if you have the same:

a) colour: If i scan setting COLOUR or GREYSCALE I always get a page with a grey background, even if I scan a perfectly white page.
    I got a white paper only if I scan black&white.

b) size:
    for example, a document scanned with colour setting, A4 at 200dpi, weight 6 MB as pdf. It seems too much for me, especially because using the software from windows it weights much less.

If scanned in Black&white it weights only 50kb, but the quality is not suitable to scan working documents (CV, applications and other important documents). The result looks like a declassified file. If I scan it at 1200 (900kb) )it looks better, but still not like greyscale and not suitable for job applications, for example.
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OostAchterhoek View Post
    Use new updated driver for scangear. (version 1.80) and scanning for Canon MP280 will work.

see this link:
    https://code.launchpad.net/~michael-...runk/+packages

good luck !!
    It works very well for Me.

Thank you !

Beans
    Distro

I'm maybe very unlucky, but another serious issue I have is that I can only print with colours. Even if I manually choose the option "greyscale", it comes with colours.
    Do any of you have the same problem?
    I installed the drivers from the canon website, and tried to update them from the PPA linked above. I am desperate with this printer, I have to reboot on windows for every operation
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans

can you copy and paste this command

sudo dpkg -l | grep cnijfilter
    and copy and paste back the results .....it checks to see what driver you have installed...........

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for helping. Here the output of the command:

Code:
    ii  cnijfilter-common                               3.70.1-0~23~precise1                    IJ Printer Driver for Linux.

ii  cnijfilter-mp280series                          3.70.1-0~23~precise1                    IJ Printer Driver for Linux.
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans

that's fine: so you have right drivers installed ......

so the ink etc must all be fine because it works in windows.....I don't know...........

.....and you have never edited the .ppd file?

for my MG3100 it is in etc/cups/ppd ............

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast