Thread: Why can I not change Profile Privacy settings until I make 25 posts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Why can I not change Profile Privacy settings until I make 25 posts?

This is a rather disconcerting policy. Why are so many posts required before users can make some basic setting changes? I understand not being able to display avatars and stuff. But it is ridiculous to restrict users from just adjusting some basic settings.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Why can I not change Profile Privacy settings until I make 25 posts?

Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I don't see anything in there about why Profile Privacy settings are restricted. How are privacy settings abused by spammers?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

They put spam in various fields that you are able to set in your profile.

The subject has been covered before - we won't be changing our policy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by glln0v View Post
    I don't see anything in there about why Profile Privacy settings are restricted. How are privacy settings abused by spammers?
    If you are concerned that you cannot adjust your privacy settings, I'll repeat what I said in this thread: Since you can't add anything to your profile that you might want to hide with privacy settings until you reach 25 posts, not being able to adjust your privacy settings until you reach 25 posts would appear to be a moot point.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    If you are concerned that you cannot adjust your privacy settings, I'll repeat what I said in this thread: Since you can't add anything to your profile that you might want to hide with privacy settings until you reach 25 posts, not being able to adjust your privacy settings until you reach 25 posts would appear to be a moot point.
    Okay. But I can't even see what options exist so I was not aware there is nothing of value to change prior to you telling me this.