Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook video calling

Beans

Re: Facebook video calling

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Google is by far the largest supporter of open-source software on the planet.

It is worth remembering that.
    Google is exploiting the free software not "really" supporting it. What did Google do for Linux users? For free software? They are only using great open source programs to make their capital more. Yes Google you are evil!

Beans

So now what to do,go back and rejoin face book just for vc .I found no real use for face book and ended up with hundreds of friends i didn't even know.
    this one wants to be your friend so i just clicked ok.before i new i had a chit load of people.so i cancel face book

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by medic2000 View Post
    Google is exploiting the free software not "really" supporting it. What did Google do for Linux users? For free software? They are only using great open source programs to make their capital more. Yes Google you are evil!
    Troll?

What about the Google Summer of Code: https://code.google.com/soc/
    And all the software they release as open-source like chromium and android?
    Are they exploiting Free software more than all the people who use Free software, but don't pay/donate/develop/etc for it?

As Stallman says: "Google does things which are good, things which are neutral, and things which are bad."

Don't be so manichaean.
    Last edited by KIAaze; July 11th, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KIAaze View Post
    Troll?

What about the Google Summer of Code: https://code.google.com/soc/
    And all the software they release as open-source like chromium and android?
    Are they exploiting Free software more than all the people who use Free software, but don't pay/donate/develop/etc for it?

As Stallman says: "Google does things which are good, things which are neutral, and things which are bad."

Don't be so manichaean.
    Oh no people are so prejudiced. You labeled me as a troll instantly which i have never been. What i am trying to say is Google bases almost all of its programs on open source. Makes millions of dollars from them. But what i gives is very very little. Plus Linux support in Google programs are either missing or poor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by wambagilles View Post
    is it not possible for linux users to write their own unofficial plugin to support the video calling feature of facebook right in linux?
    Not until someone gets the protocol specifications from Skype or should I say Microsoft.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    Google don't have an amazing history of Linux support, but it is a minority market share.
    They don't?? I'm not trying to be a fanboy here, but I literally can't think of a single instance where I've found their Linux support lacking. Oh, except for Google Desktop for some reason, but I never cared much about that, though I guess it counts.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by medic2000 View Post
    Like, Chrome is the only browser that sets up a repository for Linux. Google Talk voice plugin.

Beans

Not supporting Linux is one thing, but making it an .exe that only supports Windows is silly at this point. I suspect there is a good chunk of people who do not access their social networking through Windows any more -- OSX, iOS, and Android ought not be sneezed at, and more are (potentially coming): webOS, WindowsPhone (which is *not* Windows), ChromeOS, etc.

This just seems like a dangerous time to develop platform-specific technology on the web. But whatever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by lykwydchykyn View Post
    Not supporting Linux is one thing, but making it an .exe that only supports Windows is silly at this point. I suspect there is a good chunk of people who do not access their social networking through Windows any more -- OSX, iOS, and Android ought not be sneezed at, and more are (potentially coming): webOS, WindowsPhone (which is *not* Windows), ChromeOS, etc.

This just seems like a dangerous time to develop platform-specific technology on the web. But whatever.
    So that means that Mac users are in the same boat as Linux users...
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Freedom is measured in Stallmans.
    Projects: gEcrit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cgroza View Post
    So that means that Mac users are in the same boat as Linux users...

Well FB are shortly brining out the FB app for the Ipad so i am sure there will be OSX development
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast