Page 49 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

Plippo: Many thanks. Touch screen is working well again. Whew!

Beans

I had the touchscreen working at one point, but after restarting I need to recalibrate the screen (which doesn't always work properly). Going to try reinstalling all the drivers...

Also, the command "sugo gedit" returns "command not found". I'm using Kubuntu, but there shouldn't be a difference in terminal commands among flavors of Ubuntu...Even if that command did work, I'm not really sure what is meant by "change the line that says...".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@psykatog: gedit is the name of the editor application used in Ubuntu. In Kubuntu, you can either use kwrite or kate instead. If you execute this command, the editor is opened with a file and you can change the given line there.

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

So, I've read all the way through this thread. And even Google doesn't seem to have much updated on this laptop. This thread has been really great and offered some great suggestions!

I went straight to Maverick because I wanted the newer features. So far pretty much everything is working ok. I don't really use the camera, so I'm not trying to flip it. And the touch screen works pretty well.

One thing I've found to be perfect is 'easystroke'. I don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere in the thread. I've added a few strokes and so far its just perfect. I'm also using the recommended 'Grab and Drag' for Firefox.

There's a few things I'd like to sort out, and possibly help others with.

1) After a suspend, I have to rmmod the hid_egalax module and then reload it. Is there somewhere I can put this so it'll happen automatically?

2) The screen rotate. Is there any other options than using all the specific downloads from here? I wanted to stick with the driver that comes with maverick instead of changing and loading a bunch of stuff. I'm not even to worried about multi-touch at this point. I tried using the built in screen rotate but it just doesn't work

Anyway, thats where I'm at thus far. I thought about starting another thread, but didn't want it to get too confusing or anything.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Plippo: now zoom seems to work again also on reboot, when I reinstalled evdev, compiled with apt-get source, plus your files. Don't know why, but also recompiling from source, I had to add the files, otherwise there was no kinetic scrolling. Maybe we can post the deb files and a tutorial? Thank you for your assistance.
    Last edited by riccardo.depalo; October 2nd, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@ElGatoFlojo:
    Of course you can stay with the default Maverick driver if you are satisfied with single-touch and don't need pressure sensitivity (although I of course recommend the multitouch package as it is great ).

You can anyway install the egalax-multitouch-driver-common package from http://philmerk.de/dwl/deb/egalax-mu...ver-common.deb – despite its name, it also works with the default driver and it just adds the following things, which are exactly what you need I guess: A hook for the power-manager to automatically re-load hid_egalax after suspend and the script "touchrotate" which you can use to rotate the screen and the touch screen at the same time (you can see how it works in the first post of this thread or in the wiki). If you are using the default touchscreen driver in Maverick, you probably have to call it using the command
    Code:
    touchrotate LVDS1 10 toright
    Maybe you have to change the 10 into a different number until it works (you can get the numbers from the comman xinput list).

@riccardo:
    I'll be away the next two days and thus won't have time to create the evdev package, but maybe I can do it on Tuesday. You can of course also try it yourself.

Beans
    Distro

@Plippo: I created the evdev package with "apt-get -b source", is it the right way to do it?

Beans

Smile Re: Ubuntu on Eee PC T101MT

@Plippo:

Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. It seemed from reading the thread here that it would not be easy. But if it is that easy, then I'm going to give it a try for sure!

Thanks again. And thanks for keeping this thread going and responding to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Plippo View Post
    @ElGatoFlojo:
    Of course you can stay with the default Maverick driver if you are satisfied with single-touch and don't need pressure sensitivity (although I of course recommend the multitouch package as it is great ).

You can anyway install the egalax-multitouch-driver-common package from http://philmerk.de/dwl/deb/egalax-mu...ver-common.deb – despite its name, it also works with the default driver and it just adds the following things, which are exactly what you need I guess: A hook for the power-manager to automatically re-load hid_egalax after suspend and the script "touchrotate" which you can use to rotate the screen and the touch screen at the same time (you can see how it works in the first post of this thread or in the wiki). If you are using the default touchscreen driver in Maverick, you probably have to call it using the command
    Code:
    touchrotate LVDS1 10 toright
    Maybe you have to change the 10 into a different number until it works (you can get the numbers from the comman xinput list).

@riccardo:
    I'll be away the next two days and thus won't have time to create the evdev package, but maybe I can do it on Tuesday. You can of course also try it yourself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kevrox View Post
    Mate your a legend, works a treat, I did have the desktop shortcuts made for the above two commands, so at least they are only a double touch away. BTW that also solved the problem of the scaled screen reverting to 1280x1024 pan mode when running xp in virtual box full screen
    many thanks
    I made it to one command for my own pleasure:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    if (xrandr --verbose | grep "Transform:  1.25" -q)
    then
        xrandr --output LVDS1 --scale 1x1
    else
        xrandr --fb 1280x1024 --output LVDS1 --scale 1.25x1.7
    fi
    I hope it will help someone else too.

But has anyone seen any good workspace changer for gnome/ubuntu that is big enough for the touchscreen or could it be possible to change the workspace by the twofing?
    Last edited by DheathNone; October 3rd, 2010 at 02:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro

@DHeathNone: yes, you can change workspaces with twofing, in the last version 0.0.6b. You can try compiz cube, with four workspaces, calibrate the speed of the rotating cube, and change workspace with two fingers, from left to right and from right to left. It's funny.

Page 49 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast