Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evince menu problems

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Evince menu problems

I just opened that latest issue of Full Circle Magazine in the default pdf viewer (Evince) and noticed the only menu Selection I have is Document Viewer, and the only drop-down that shows is Help. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Evince menu problems

that link is opened normaly and cant see a pdf there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    that link is opened normaly and cant see a pdf there.
    http://dl.fullcirclemagazine.org/issue73_en.pdf
    It opened with warning in FF, although without any problems and it opened in Evince OK with all the stuff in all the menues...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    http://dl.fullcirclemagazine.org/issue73_en.pdf
    It opened with warning in FF, although without any problems and it opened in Evince OK with all the stuff in all the menues...
    That link open the pdf, but its delayed by 3/5 seconds; everything seems normal.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Same here. Everything normal, with all the stuff in all the menus

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well is seems my problem is solved, I was looking for a global-menu, instead of just clicking on the gear icon in the upper right. It just goes to show you that I should have at least 2 cups of coffee first thing in the morning, before trying to do anything even remotely important. I'll mark this thread as Solved.

Beans

Unhappy "Print" not in HUD, not in toolbar, help is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Well is seems my problem is solved, I was looking for a global-menu, instead of just clicking on the gear icon in the upper right.
    Don't blame yourself, it's still misleading and non-intuitive.
    • There's no print button on the toolbar ( LP bug 746160 )
    • The HUD doesn't work, so press Alt and look for a Print command and nothing matches ( LP bug 1088778 )
    • Press F1 for help, the Evince Document Viewer help window pops up, and its "Printing a Document" says very specifically
    • Click FilePrint
      which doesn't work ( LP bug 1247317 )

When you try to print from many online systems (Google docs, airline boarding passes, shipping documents, etc.) their "Print" button results in a PDF download that the browser offers to open in Document Viewer. And then... good luck finding Print.

So one of the main use cases for the Document Viewer is, while not technically "broken", quite unpolished.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: "Print" not in HUD, not in toolbar, help is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by skierpage View Post
    Don't blame yourself, it's still misleading and non-intuitive.
    • There's no print button on the toolbar ( LP bug 746160 )
    • The HUD doesn't work, so press Alt and look for a Print command and nothing matches ( LP bug 1088778 )
    • Press F1 for help, the Evince Document Viewer help window pops up, and its "Printing a Document" says very specifically
    • Click FilePrint
      which doesn't work ( LP bug 1247317 )

When you try to print from many online systems (Google docs, airline boarding passes, shipping documents, etc.) their "Print" button results in a PDF download that the browser offers to open in Document Viewer. And then... good luck finding Print.

So one of the main use cases for the Document Viewer is, while not technically "broken", quite unpolished.
    After my initial problem, of not paying attention, the print command is quite easy to find. Just click the gear icon to see the full menu. I had to setup my printer, as I hadn't done it since upgrading to Trusty, once that was done I can print what I want whether to a printer, or file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Well is seems my problem is solved, I was looking for a global-menu, instead of just clicking on the gear icon in the upper right. It just goes to show you that I should have at least 2 cups of coffee first thing in the morning, before trying to do anything even remotely important. I'll mark this thread as Solved.
    Off topic I know butt...
    Oh I can so relate to that!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I don't have a gear icon at the top. Only a blank menu bar only way to escape is CTRL + W and kill Evince completely.
    I've tried to file a bug and the issue has been marked as resolved a couple of times. lots a talk on the bug site about Gnome having the right or obligation to do this.
    If it's a simple choice of global set up(I don't know what that is) I don't find documentation to show me how.
    For me the problem is definitely not solved. Evince opens with no menu bar or gear icon and it seems that now CTRL + P will not work any more either so I can't print a bill or invoice.
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS now
    Last edited by David Oxland; July 6th, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast