Kubuntu Development Release

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

One other item that I did not see at first:
    Code:
    elif [[ $new == "4" ]]; then
    should be:
    Code:
    elif [[ $new == "1" ]]; then
    when you are checking for /sys/devices/platform/tablet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Martin,

Good to hear from you again. Glad it worked for you! Cool, huh?

Hi Red_Lion,

Thanks for helping Martin out. And thanks again for the auto-magic rotation script.

Hi TomtheWombat,

Thanks for the affirmation. Go get one! Or heck, I saw a TX2z at Best Buy for $850 the other day.

Hi Ayuthia,

Thanks. Added it to the HOW TO.

Beans

Now i start write normal utility for "magic-rotation". It will be wrote on pygtk, will support patched and native hw_wmi. I will comlete it in few days (it's simple programm, but i busy on job now and not have few hour )

Beans
    Distro

Hi Red_Lion,

That sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Beans

Hey guys, thanks for the hard work. Couple of points:

1) I jumped in from elsewhere, directly to post 225 and started implementing the HOW-TO. It did not work, since I did not have the Option "RandRRotation" set under Device in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Perhaps add that as a note to the start of the HOW-TO?

2) Bigger problem is that I also no longer have or need any touch-related entries in xorg.conf, and thus xsetwacom commands do not work. Is there any way to rotate the touch without adding lines I do not otherwise need into xorg.conf? Hmm, I guess I should read the full thread first before asking this question, but what the hey.

3) I need to re-install the hp-wmi stuff on every kernel update, right?

Thanks again, looks promising.

Beans
    Distro

Hi joutsen,

You're welcome. Thanks for trying it.

It did not work, since I did not have the Option "RandRRotation" set under Device in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
    OK, I didn't want to repeat a lot of stuff. I can refer folks to Appendix 1 on the first HOW TO.
    I also no longer have or need any touch-related entries in xorg.conf, and thus xsetwacom commands do not work. Is there any way to rotate the touch without adding lines I do not otherwise need into xorg.conf?
    Depends on how you're getting touch to work.
    I need to re-install the hp-wmi stuff on every kernel update, right?
    Yes. Until Ubuntu includes the HP-WMI module in "linux-image".

Beans

Touch works on Jaunty without xorg.conf entries using gali98's fdi file from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11.

Ok, I googled the answer to number 2, not using stylus/touch/etc. entries in xorg.conf. Use "xinput list" to find the name of wacom tablet hardware, in my case "Wacom ISDv4 93", then use that in the xsetwacom command:

Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom ISDv4 93" rotate NONE
    Only one command was sufficient in the script to cover both touch and pen, did not try the eraser.

Now the rotate works beautifully. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Beans
    Distro

Hi joutsen,

Glad you got it working but I feel compelled to point out that something is wrong with your .fdi install. If it was installed and working correctly "xsetwacom list" should be returning stylus, eraser, and touch. Which would mean wacomcpl and the rotation xsetwacom commands should work. You wouldn't need to rename stylus "Wacom ISDv4 93" or any wacom entries in xorg.conf. You are basically using method 3) in Jaunty Users in the HOW TO on the first page, first post of the thread gali98's HOW TO is on, which only serial tablet pc's need.

Beans

Hi, so I am having a problem where when I have my screen rotated, I cannot see any of the actions I perform on the screen. For example, if I click to open a folder when the screen is down, I will see nothing, but as soon as I put the screen back up, the folder is open. Any ideas? I'm a new user, thanks to all you guys who have worked so hard on making all this stuff possible!

Beans
    Distro

Hi jerridan,

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums!

I need a little more information. Which tablet pc do you have? Are you saying you can see the cursor move to the folder and when you click on it nothing happens until you rotate back to landscape (laptop) mode? Have you installed the auto-magic rotation stuff?

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast